Today marks the day of the next big step toward meeting the goals and ideals set forth for this site at itâ€™s inception nearly a year and a half ago. Today we launch RHDN 2.0, a second incarnation of our site under the hood. What does this mean for you? It means quite a bit. Read on for the juicy details.
RHDN has always aimed to succeed where other similar sites have failed. RHDNâ€™s goal is to be a community tool rather than just another archive web site. We believe the solution to succeed in the long run is to eliminate staff bottleneck and give you, the community members, the power you need to keep the site updated and going strong. With the launch of RHDN 2.0, we add the ability for you to update and maintain the database in wiki-like fashion, but with control and screening (edits will not be committed to the database without being approved) in place to prevent any abuse. Weâ€™d like to think itâ€™s the best of both worlds.
Donâ€™t be fooled. The site may look the same at first glance, but itâ€™s been totally rewritten from the ground up. Take a look around and youâ€™ll see many differences.
There is a cornucopia of new or enhanced features. Here are some of the most important features and enhancements:
- Public wiki-like editing of all database related sections on the site, including entry preview for all forms.
- Intelligent Form Validation and help on each field on the submission forms.
- Revamped Community Database. Fully searchable with individual sub pages for each person or group listed.
- In-site Document preview sub pages for all straight text documents.
- Utility sub pages.
- Revamped Help Wanted Ads section allows the creator to edit and delete the Ad.
- Misc. section including RHDN Dictionary, Translation History and Abandoned Project Work Archive.
- Automatic E-mail response on approval or rejection of submissions.
- Games database section has been put up for public maintenance of the RHDN Game Database.
- The public can now add to and maintain the Links section.
Because the site is all new, please be on the lookout for minor bugs or issues that may appear. If you are having any problems, questions, or notice any bugs, please report them in the Site Talk
section of the forum or use the Contact Staff
We ask that you have a bit of patience with submissions in the early going while staff deal with any growing pains we may have with the new system. You should receive an e-mail confirmation of your submission being approved or deleted when your submission has been processed.
Enjoy RHDN 2.0. This is your tool. Only together as a community can we excel.Relevant Link: