Basically, whilst taarna32 and I were talking about working on something together, the topic of FF:MQ having a bunch of weird translation changes came up. Thus, I started working on FF:MQ. I’ve always been a big fan of it (*hugs his cart*), so this was an obvious choice for a project.
Tauwasser was gracious enough to help a newbie out (me, duh!) by making a font insertion/extraction program (the font was compressed) for me. I stumbled upon it earlier in July, so I started working on it.
I’ve translated about 99% of the items/weapons/armor, locations, monsters, and a few tidbits here or there (battle messages and such). I took the “Auto” and “Manual” images from the US version, as well as the “White”, “Black”, “Wizard”, “Magic”, and “Left” images. I used them because of space reasons, plus, they’re quite well done.
I’m in dire need of a good translator for this project, as I respect the source material (as I do the other projects I take on) and would like to see the script receive a beautiful translation.Relevant Link: