News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Fire Emblem Gaiden  (Read 7052 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Fire Emblem Gaiden
« on: February 14, 2006, 03:47:21 pm »

This is an automated message generated by Romhacking.net's RHDNBot.

Update By: Princeleaf

Get the latest patch here or from our database.

Starwolf has been working on a reparation of the messed up Fire Emblem: Gaiden patch that j2e released a few years back. He's fixed quite a number of things, so I believe it deserves mention(seeing as it's similar to Twilkitri's FE4 Reparation).

You might remember several months ago I released a patch that fixed up the Ragnarok crashing (and a few other things) in J2es patch project - that thread is long dead so i'll create a new one. Since the FeGaiden board is very quiet nobody has been nagging about patches of how J2e suck but thats the reason I decided to get to work...to finish what J2e started.

Current cries for help:
    br /
  • Figure out the fucked level up screen.
  • br /
  • Figure out just what the fuck J2e did to the pointer tables/text to make Gold Pegasus and Social Knights all have the same name of Knight!
  • br /
  • Stats and inconsistancy in naming...do they exist in the Japanese verison? (I know about mages having magic in battle but power/strength out of battle :S Its like that in the Japanese version)
  • br /
br /To do:
    br /
  • Actual translations where they are missing
  • br /
  • Changing the in-battle character stats screen (its fugly...MagicPW will be Magic and [][]EXP needs to lined up properly)
  • br /
  • Monnlight spear needs spear icon...
br /

Relevant Link: (http://s7.invisionfree.com/FESS/index.php?showtopic=15145&st=0&#entry2026430)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 08:58:23 am by Nightcrawler »

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
Re: Translations: Fire Emblem Gaiden
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 03:56:36 pm »
Another small formatting bug I guess^^
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 04:31:37 pm »
No, actually that was caused by incorrect usage of the link tag.  For some reason, it actually passed through my URL bb code parsing routines and came out correct in the news.  However, the actual syntax he typed in was wrong.  There was a space before the 'http' and apparently the board routines won't pass that as proper.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Syntax

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 08:27:55 pm »
Lol @ biggrin.gif

Are you sure that belongs in the quote? ::)

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 09:00:46 am »
haha I didn't see that.  However, yes, that was somehow in the news update.  I don't know if it was in the original submission or not as the original submission was a huge mess we had to fix up, so I don't have the original to verify anymore. Not sure how it got there, but it wasn't a bug from porting the news to the message board.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

KaioShin

• View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 09:30:12 am »
That must have been there from the beginning. I fixed the news, it was copy & pasted from a forum and contained a bunch of tags, stuff like this and other problems which messed it up good. Sorry for not noticing this :P
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 09:44:59 am »
That must have been there from the beginning. I fixed the news, it was copy & pasted from a forum and contained a bunch of tags, stuff like this and other problems which messed it up good. Sorry for not noticing this :P

Yeah, I actually had to make additional changes to it after it made it to the main page. It failed XHTML validation for the way the [ quote ] and [ list ] tags were nested.  The output had some erroneous auto-generated <p> tags. XHTML 1.1 standard is very strict about block and non block level tags and what goes in them. It DID point out a bugs to me though while I was fixing it up. That relevant link also botched up the output. I think there was another bug there as well.  I added an extra line of code for that as well.

That's the first news post we've had that nested tags like this in such a way. All in all it was for the better as I've made a few minor improvements to the system to better handle jumbles like this. SO.. we probably won't have a repeat of this issue in the future.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 08:47:50 am by Nightcrawler »

Kitsune Sniper

• Complaining about mods == trolling, whee
    • View Profile
    • Foxhack.net
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 06:03:22 pm »
Speaking of messed up posts... :D
For any further project updates, please visit my website. I do not wish to belong to a site where a user has no voice.

bahamutX

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 05:46:48 am »
lets hope the patch will be available ever in this century....and if not i ll go for another round in "you dont know jack 4".

KaioShin

• View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 07:45:19 am »
lets hope the patch will be available ever in this century....and if not i ll go for another round in "you dont know jack 4".

Ähem, have you read the news carefully, especially the first line? The patch IS available. The stuff thats still missing seems to be only minor, maybe except for the level-up screen which currently is being worked on.

stahl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 05:03:41 pm »
The stuff that is missing is not minor.  Most of the story dialogue is not translated.  I played through FE Gaiden a couple of years ago and while the game is playable, it's not even close to being completely translated.

I've been looking forward to this project though.

bahamutX

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 02:28:35 am »
The stuff that is missing is not minor. Most of the story dialogue is not translated. I played through FE Gaiden a couple of years ago and while the game is playable, it's not even close to being completely translated.

I've been looking forward to this project though.

same here. the progress posted in whirlpool was about 99,5%. so i patched and began to play. really much stuff was unfinished (e.g. screens and much more). the game was playable but where s the fun, i am asking? so i m playing fully translated games only (even if i would really like to play fire emblem....sniff)