I've started playing the 1.08 version of Numan.. what are the differences?
Anyway it seems like a great improvement so far, I never bothered to get through the original PSII but I will try it with this hack. I have some crits though:
- Getting 3 quests right after eachother in the beginning was a bit overwelming without a notebook feature, and the abbreviations on Mother Brain etc are a bit annoying.
- Equipment still seems to cost way too much to me, I had to grind (collect money) for over an hour (with fastforward turned ON) to equip my party fully before going to the 1st dungeon.
- The random encounter rate in the dungeons is nuts, after getting through the first one I don't really feel like going through something like that again :/ It would help somewhat if the dungeons didn't look so repetitive or were full of dead ends so you kept getting lost.
- The inverted colors on monsters doesn't look so good to me. On a siimilar note, how much editing is possible on graphics? I'm farily skilled at pixeling and I'd like to give it a try.
- Nothing big but.. starting with all the characters is interesting though I don't feel like going back and leveling up the ones I left behind if I should want to try them out. It does give me a reason to replay the game, but still..