News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Utilities: BatDance 0.4 Release!  (Read 4855 times)

RHDNBot

Utilities: BatDance 0.4 Release!
« on: December 31, 2007, 07:43:37 pm »

Update By: Mega-Dog

Happy New Year all! This was supposed to be released last year, but I finally got the color system working now. Tiles can now use any one of four palettes. So, enjoy!

Staff Note - Batdance is an editor for the NES game Batman. You can now find the utility archived on RHDN.

Relevant Link: (http://www.dogsoft.net/index.php?page=programs&id=batdance)

Lilinda

• View Profile
Re: Utilities: BatDance 0.4 Release!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 08:20:38 pm »
BEST NAME EVER
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 08:30:29 pm »
I haven't downloaded it yet, but I think the editor'll work like AstyaEd. I'll tinker with it tonight, look cool too...

Mega-Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 11:15:42 pm »
I haven't downloaded it yet, but I think the editor'll work like AstyaEd. I'll tinker with it tonight, look cool too...

Yes, but it has more capabilities.  Oh Googie BTW I found some new Astyanax info if you want it.  Most of it is TSA info and such.

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 09:45:29 am »
If you wanna sure, send'em to me, I'll look at it.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 01:48:25 pm »
I been waiting for this editor for a long time ago, ever since I heard about it on datacrystal. I already put work towards my own personal "Easy" version of batman. I edited the levels to offer multiple paths and remove some traps. Next up I'm gonna edit the bosses health so it takes maybe half the amount of hits to kill them.

That's what this editor needs, a boss enemy health editor. I'm gonna have to do it the old fashioned way for now.

Mega-Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 05:28:49 am »
I been waiting for this editor for a long time ago, ever since I heard about it on datacrystal. I already put work towards my own personal "Easy" version of batman. I edited the levels to offer multiple paths and remove some traps. Next up I'm gonna edit the bosses health so it takes maybe half the amount of hits to kill them.

That's what this editor needs, a boss enemy health editor. I'm gonna have to do it the old fashioned way for now.

Careful editing the Map Data cause I know there is like 2 or 3 rooms that share properties in different stages.  I know 1 of them is in stage 1-1 and stage 5-1.

Also the thing I should mention, the black room in stage 1-1 of the editor, it is the room for the top set...it can be adjusted and it is not a glitch.