News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Der Langrisser 1.02  (Read 10068 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Der Langrisser 1.02
« on: March 31, 2008, 11:11:39 pm »
Update By: Neil

D and byuu's SNES Der Langrisser translation has been updated to 1.02! What's new you may ask?

• Rewriting done on a considerable amount of dialogue based on user reports and play data supplied by MK. This includes revisions to much of the ending dialogue, re-translation lines in more than 30 scenarios and editing of text which was written based on fault speaker assumptions.
  • Corrected another bug in the original Japanese game which caused Lana’s injured portrait to appear in the end of Scenario 35.
  • Corrected a bug in the original game which listed Elementals as hireable units in the Living Armour and Stone Golem classes. Elementals do not exist as a hireable unit in the games 64-unit array. They have been removed from all units and are no longer displayed in the class change screen, though enemies and NPCs which have elementals will retain their units in game play.
  • The Living Armour class has been augmented with Demon units, which were previously dummied out of the game. Demons are a weaker version of Archdemons, and will only be useful in the stage or two immediately following scenario 13, or if Osto pursues Stone Golem instead of Vampire Lord.
  • Corrected all unit type (affinity) text which was written incorrectly in the Japanese game. The original game listed only 7 unit types, but the manual listed 18. Reverse-engineering of the class data tables showed the game manages 18 distinct unit types, and this explains why units classified as Bowman, such as Ballista, would remain weak to fliers. In the original game, the developers only allocated screen space for two characters at the right of each unit, so the unit types were all renamed to fit this screen. The English game allows for more space than the Japanese, and we are able to display the original intended names. In short, the unit affinity data in the manual for the first time in history matches what you see in Der Langrisser.

The patch is available in UPS format here.

Relevant Link: (http://projects.elsallia.com/)

Special T

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Der Langrisser 1.02
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 11:52:07 pm »
Wow a new patching format and a new game to test it out. Thanks guys!   :thumbsup:

Suzaku

• Job change!
    • View Profile
    • Studio Llama
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 11:20:02 am »
Holy mother of updates! Awesome!

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 02:17:19 pm »
Yay! More improvements. :)

I seriously need a better CPU... bsnes runs a bit slow for me in demanding places, like that giant intro boss of Mega Man X2.

Off topic: Don't think any emulator has full Super Game Boy support yet. We know it'd require emulating SNES and GB at the same time.

kain611

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 02:17:38 pm »
FREAKING SWEET!!!!

I was just planning to start playing DL again to:)

One quick thing i noticed D (can't remember if this is just dumb AI or not) in the first AI turn on scenario 5 the two mage enemies cast Fireball on themselves. neither enemy had an opposing troop in range either. Did this maybe get code fuggled?

Aganar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 03:13:37 pm »
Is this the one that has the guys from Cho Aniki cameo?

kain611

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 03:27:05 pm »
Its not say a cameo but a hidden Scenario that you must take Elwin to a certain spot and have him wait there.

Or you can use the level select.

Ultimate

• RPG and Strategy Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 09:46:32 am »
Kinda of late, but thank you. This patch is great, so I'm playing Der Langrisser again :D Although it's still too easy, but who cares, gotta love plots and diferent endings :D

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 10:36:03 am »
Kinda of late, but thank you. This patch is great, so I'm playing Der Langrisser again :D Although it's still too easy, but who cares, gotta love plots and diferent endings :D

Really now? You play the Chaos path, then. When I beta-tested for D, I wound up on that path, and jesus, is it ever hard. =P

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior