News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: New Submitted Translations Added to the Database  (Read 8464 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/trans/)

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
Re: Translations: New Submitted Translations Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 09:01:12 am »
Gah! Another CT re-translation using the English ROM and pre-made tools. I really need to get my ass in gear this summer so I can start some serious work on my project. >.>

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

Deathlike2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 03:04:08 pm »
I have almost no interest in translations that require the US (English) ROM. Maybe that's just me, but if a translation wanted more attention, they would alter the Japanese ROM instead. Even the flack that the RPGOne gets for its translation, it is respectable in its own right because those changes were made on FF6 and not on FF3 (SNES).
FF4 Research Continues
Working on the next Yet To Be Named FF4 "Hardtype" Hack

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 03:16:13 pm »
Yeah, that's what I'm going to do, for the same reasons. It's alot more work to do it, but it's well worth it in the end. It'll probably take years before I actually release it, because I want CT to be perfect before I release it to the public.

Maybe a 15th anniversary release? 2010? Heh. =D

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

Aquillion

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 06:28:12 pm »
Hey, isn't Stargazers that game that's famous for being, er, infamously bad?

Here's an article on it.  It also links to a patch to desuckify the graphics at the end -- is that patch in the Romhacking.net database?  You can get the graphics-fix here, too; it's "hosimiru.ips".  I think, going by what that page says, that that patch also fixes some gameplay things, changing xp values, making useless equipment useful and so on.  Is it compatable with this translation?

Hmm, no, it doesn't seem to work at all.  Depending on the order I apply them in, it either resets when I try to walk left, or crashes in combat.  Oh well.

EDIT:  Ok, I think I got it working, but you have to do everything in exactly the right order.  First, expand the rom, then apply the graphics patch, then apply the translation.  Any other order seems to make it rapidly crash, but it's been playing all right for a while with that.

I was actually just thinking to myself that I wanted to play Stargazers a while back.  Even if it's legendary for being awful, some parts of it do sound original and interesting.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 07:19:19 pm by Aquillion »

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 08:18:39 pm »
Thanks for the heads up Aquillion, I just pasted the gfx patch over the translation and when you speak to the girl in the first town at the bottom, the game crashes and goes into the title screen. I'll do it your way after some cereal lol. ^_____^   

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 09:02:53 pm »
That Japanese enhancement patch is likely incompatible with my translation.
They boosted the walking speed more than mine, but theirs is pretty glitchy. You'll pick up items multiple times, and soon the encounter rate will be very broken (like an encounter nearly every step).
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 03:13:45 pm »
Yeah I figured that when I patch the gfx patch with your translation last night. I guess the best bet would be to transfer the gfx into your translation, if you give people your blessing of course. ^_^; 

Aquillion

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 07:02:28 pm »
That Japanese enhancement patch is likely incompatible with my translation.
They boosted the walking speed more than mine, but theirs is pretty glitchy. You'll pick up items multiple times, and soon the encounter rate will be very broken (like an encounter nearly every step).
Well...  it still hasn't crashed, and I still haven't encountered either of those (I think their glitchy encounter change part got entirely overwritten by yours?  Hopefully?)

But of course, with this game it's hard to tell what's a glitch caused by combining incompatable patches, and what's a glitch in the game itself.  I know that the way leaving some areas takes you to the wrong place (usually back to the very start of the game) is an, er, 'feature' of Stargazer, but what about that area in the cave under the first town (across the river) that looks like a random assortment of tiles splattered everywhere, some of which you can walk through for no apparent reason?  It's also filled with monsters massively far above my level.

Well, alright, it just occured to me to save and switch to one with just the translation patch to check, and yes, that area is supposed to be there...  I'd imagine beta-testing this game must've been a chore, though, given the amount of "yes, it's like that in the original" to deal with.

The Jump ability is still strangely fun, though.  Some reviews complained that it wasn't clear what you could jump over, but so far I haven't had that problem...  as long as it's not the white tile walls and is under a certain number of steps (about five?), you can jump it.  Fun to just hop through walls in town.

KingHanco

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 01:30:09 pm »
I want to say I play the Gundemonium: Recollection with the English patch. Last part the game I never could beat that boss.

Desides

• Look out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 10:00:30 pm »
Maybe I'm just an idiot, but for the life of me I cannot get SNES9x (Mac version) to play nice with that Chrono Trigger patch. Every time I soft patch, it coughs up a checksum error and refuses to start up. Argh. This would've been a nice excuse to replay CT.
Currently awaiting:
Breath of Fire II
Dragon Quest 3 Reprise
Tales of Phantasia & Destiny PS2/PSP

mil

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 10:37:24 pm »
I want to say I play the Gundemonium: Recollection with the English patch. Last part the game I never could beat that boss.

Heh, you'll probably enjoy Cavintine's review.

Deathlike2

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 11:09:05 pm »
Maybe I'm just an idiot, but for the life of me I cannot get SNES9x (Mac version) to play nice with that Chrono Trigger patch. Every time I soft patch, it coughs up a checksum error and refuses to start up. Argh. This would've been a nice excuse to replay CT.

It may be a header issue. Use NSRT to remove/add the header if need be.
FF4 Research Continues
Working on the next Yet To Be Named FF4 "Hardtype" Hack

Desides

• Look out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 11:56:22 pm »
It may be a header issue. Use NSRT to remove/add the header if need be.

That seems to have done the trick. Thank you!

Now if softpatching would work with the IPS and ROM in the same zip file.
Currently awaiting:
Breath of Fire II
Dragon Quest 3 Reprise
Tales of Phantasia & Destiny PS2/PSP

Kiyoshi Aman

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Browncoat Captain
    • View Profile
    • Aerdan's Blog
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 09:05:38 am »
Gah! Another CT re-translation using the English ROM and pre-made tools. I really need to get my ass in gear this summer so I can start some serious work on my project. >.>

Worse, it didn't even bother to correct names, which is just...wrong. [Jina? wtf?]