News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Site: RHDN 2.1 Launches!  (Read 5261 times)

RHDNBot

Site: RHDN 2.1 Launches!
« on: May 07, 2008, 01:07:31 pm »
Update By: Nightcrawler

The next significant upgrade to our site, RHDN 2.1,  has launched! While several enhancements were made, the centerpiece of this update was the addition of user reviews to the Documents, Utilities, Translations, and Hacks sections. We want constructive, helpful reviews. It's not a popularity contest or bandwagon hopping game. We won't be afraid to reject user reviews that don't follow the guidelines (available on any review form submission page).  Here   is a sample of what we'd like to see as an average review on this site. Some purposes that could be served by the Reviews will be to weed out outdated items, recommend better alternatives, provide helpful user experiences etc..

RHDN 2.1 adds several bells and whistles and here they are:

• User Reviews added to the Documents, Utilities, Translations, and Hacks sections. You can add or edit (your own) reviews right from the individual entry pages.
  • Extended Pages to list recent edits and new additions have been added for each section. Click the ‘More…’ links in the right hand bar for each section.
  • Added a Maintenance link so the public can further and more easily contribute to maintaining the integrity of our database.
  • Last modified dates were added to all major section to show when the last time an entry was edited.
  • A Submission Queue Status page was added on the Submit Files Page (at the bottom). Now you can see items currently in queue   and the status of your submission.
  • A News Queue Status page was added on the Submit News Page (at the bottom). Now you can see items currently in queue  and the status of your news submission.
  • Full and proper support was added for multiple authors on Translation entries. Secondary authors now come up correctly in searches and the Community Database will accurately reflect their work. Translators such as filler or Tomato who are attached to entries as a second (or beyond) author get the correct site exposure.

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net)

syntax error

• View Profile
Re: Site: RHDN 2.1 Launches!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 01:36:59 pm »
Thank you nightcrawler! :thumbsup:

Spikeman

• *unce unce unce*
    • View Profile
    • None at the moment, check out my Last.fm page instead?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 11:06:46 pm »
Great job NC! I like the idea of the maintenance page so we all no where to look to help. I'll be working on that a bit this week. :)
Open Source Hacking Projects: Guru Logic Champ, Telefang 2, (Want more? Check out my GitHub!)

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 01:44:18 pm »
Thanks. Our response to the Maintenance page (it was actually Neil's idea) has been very good so far thanks to yours and KingMike's great efforts thus far.

C'mon people, we want to see more User Reviews. The resonse to user reviews has been extremely underwhelming. Only 3 people have submitted them since the announcement. Apparently everyone else has never read a useful document, used a bad utility, played a fun hack, or found anything outdated/obsolete. :P
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 07:53:20 am »
C'mon people, we want to see more User Reviews.

What he said!

If the feature would catch on someday, it might be very cool to sort search results by the number of recommendations. So everyone looking for a utility/document will always get the most recommended one. No more "which of the fifty hex editors should I use?" posts, so what are you guys waiting for? Get reviewing >:D
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

Lleu

• Poop Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 03:43:51 pm »
Wait, are multiple user reviews allowed?  I was under the impression that there could be only one...

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 03:54:25 pm »
Wait, are multiple user reviews allowed?  I was under the impression that there could be only one...

I don't know where you would get that from. User Reviews for docs, utils, trans, and hacks are unlimited. Only games are restricted to one review because we're not a game review site. There's thousands of other site on the Internet for that.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Lleu

• Poop Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 03:56:09 pm »
I don't know where you would get that from. User Reviews for docs, utils, trans, and hacks are unlimited. Only games are restricted to one review because we're not a game review site. There's thousands of other site on the Internet for that.

Ahah!  That's what I had wrong.  Thanks for clarifying.