News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Tales of Destiny 2 public pre-alpha released  (Read 4203 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Tales of Destiny 2 public pre-alpha released
« on: June 29, 2008, 03:47:09 am »

Update By: Cless

About a month ago, I resumed active work on the ToD2 project, which had been dormant for at least a year. However, the menu translation aspect is a mostly open community effort and a lot of contributors have vanished, no longer have the time, or have seemingly lost interest since.

To hopefully renew interest, I released a patch the other day with the then-current progress. I also figured that as an open project, it might be best for contributors to be able to see everything in context, and not just in mountains of text files.

That said, this patch is incomplete, and still has a lot of rough points as far as writing is concerned. I'm looking for anyone with decent English skills for editing, decent Japanese skills for translating (or accuracy proofing), or both. No application required!

See the website for more details.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://www.tales-cless.org/)

fireball

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Tales of Destiny 2 public pre-alpha released
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 05:42:56 am »
Great news, especially that you changed it to an open project.  :woot!: I wish you all the best luck. Sadly i've got none of the required skills, but i hope many ppl here will jump in. ^^

Square711

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Tales of Destiny 2 public pre-alpha released
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 11:19:44 am »
I have some japanese knowledge, but zero time to dedicate to translating and almost zero confidence in my translation skills.

But I still wish you luck with this project, Cless. And hopefully in the near future I'll have time to help, as ToD2 is one of the projects I'm most interested in. :)