News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Youkai Club Translation Released Need Some Help  (Read 5089 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: Pennywise

Very recently I have released a patch for Youkai Club and I will need some help in order to completey finish it. All the text has been translated and there are a few small tasks left. First off, I need an english title screen, and I need someone to play through my patch and find all the text as it appears in the game and then send me savestates of said text. If you can help me, I would appreciate it very much.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://stardustcrusader.wordpress.com/)

Kitsune Sniper

• Complaining about mods == trolling, whee
    • View Profile
    • Foxhack.net
Re: Translations: Youkai Club Translation Released Need Some Help
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 10:56:09 am »
If you can wait a couple of weeks, I can help out on the title screen front.
For any further project updates, please visit my website. I do not wish to belong to a site where a user has no voice.

Ti Dragon

• View Profile
    • T.R.A.F. - French Translation Scene
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 03:41:31 pm »
Should you need a simple picture like this (the font is just horrible - we can use a more "ghosty one" :P), I can help too ^^. But if you need ROMhacking skills to insert that kind of work, that's beyond my abilities.

Good luck on finishing your project :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 05:04:01 pm by Ti Dragon »

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 05:37:28 pm »
Feel free to get more creative. Try something that's spooky/horrendous looking. One font that comes to my mind is the chiller font. I'm going to be changing the game's font to something more spooky.

It was my intention to get someone to reinsert the new title screen into the ROM as I have never done something like that before, but I could suck it up and just learn how to do it. Just make sure you don't exceed the original title screen in size and I should be able to handle it fine. That's assuming that each tile for the graphic is unique and doesn't repeat itself in the graphic, but that shouldn't matter anyway as I got rid of the Jaleco logo.

Update: Text fixed waiting on a new title screen and few other misc. things.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 11:40:33 pm by Pennywise »

Ti Dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 09:11:08 am »
This one may look better : it's 80 tiles (a little bit less), like the original picture. We may have a smaller title in order to add some "ghosty" pictures (it may look nicer... but will be harder to make :D).

The tiles are at the end of the ROM. I guess it won't be too hard to find the tile map (I must admit I'm not very used to work with that, so I may take much time to find it ^^). I thought the title screen was compressed : that's why I said this task was beyond my (very simple) abilities :)

Ryusui

• It's the greatest day.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 02:24:26 pm »
Just one quickie thing: "Yokai" is probably the more common romanization (though you could always compromise with a circumflex over the "o"). So if you're strapped for tiles, you know what to take out...
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 02:49:14 pm »
I was strapped for tiles, but I got rid of the Jaleco logo and replaced it with normal text. Of course, I used a few of those tiles so I could get some punctuation in. I believe the original uses 77 tiles, but you can use those extra tiles not being used.

Ti Dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 04:08:53 pm »
Just one quickie thing: "Yokai" is probably the more common romanization (though you could always compromise with a circumflex over the "o"). So if you're strapped for tiles, you know what to take out...
Yes, you are perfectly right :)

@Pennywise : if you prefer the "Yōkai" spelling, please just tell us. By the way, why don't you translate the "妖怪" part of the title 妖怪倶楽部 ? It refers to monsters or demons, right :) ?

And I think my picture uses less than 77 tiles ^^.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 09:45:25 pm »
Personally I don't really care if it's spelled differently. I don't have a preference and as for translating youkai, I'm okay with that too. Finally, I believe the total number of different tiles that can be used are 86.