News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Utilities: Aridia 1.3  (Read 4342 times)

RHDNBot

Utilities: Aridia 1.3
« on: July 18, 2008, 09:07:31 am »

Update By: hugues

The Phantasy Star III ROM editor Aridia has been updated to version 1.3. The changes in this version are:

• Added character technique editing
  • Added find feature to palettes tab
  • Fixed (another) bug where editing inventory can modify techniques (hopefully the last one)

RHDN Aridia Page

Relevant Link: (http://huguesjohnson.com/aridia/)

Gil Galad

• View Profile
    • Homepage of Gil Galad
Re: Utilities: Aridia 1.3
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 04:57:02 pm »
Awesome, another update. If I didn't have so many projects I would have started using this editor right away and in fact I did feel like using it at the first public release here.

It's great to have an editor for Phantasy Star III, and to say one of the few Sci-Fi RPGs back in the day. I may yet use the editor if I can narrow my project list down a bit.
Homepage of Gil Galad || New Forum

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. ”

Guadozoku

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 11:31:49 am »
Looks good. Will you one day be adding map editing and the ability to have script strings longer than the originals?

hugues

• View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 04:59:34 pm »
Looks good. Will you one day be adding map editing and the ability to have script strings longer than the originals?
I plan to add map editing - I tracked down where the maps are stored in the ROM but now how they're stored. I think it'll take a while to decipher the data but doubt it's an impossible task.

The strings I'm not so sure on, I haven't done any investigation on how the string pointers are stored. Bumping out the length of strings might cause other data to get shifted in the ROM leading to all kinds of problems.