News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Submitted Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 13009 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: New Submitted Hacks Added to the Database
« on: July 21, 2008, 10:18:46 am »
Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/)

sa♥tsu

• Back against the thin wall
    • View Profile
    • sa-two.yuudachi.net
Re: ROM Hacks: New Submitted Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 03:48:10 am »

A quality product, I'm sure.

Hernan

• Batankyu
    • View Profile
    • Puyo Nexus
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 09:19:20 am »

I didn't even notice it. Now you made me click the link :( damnit
Translated Puyo Puyo games here!

Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 02:07:35 pm »
I threw up in my mouth a little. :(

Ok, which one of you is responsible for this!?

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 01:55:42 pm »
Just how hard is 7th Saga? If it is true that you have to level grind so much, then I just might consider putting this patch on... :/
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.

UglyJoe

• smoke and mirrors
    • View Profile
    • ximwix.net/xb
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 02:11:23 pm »
Just how hard is 7th Saga? If it is true that you have to level grind so much, then I just might consider putting this patch on... :/

The difficultly curve looks like a flight of stairs.  You'll get overwhelmed from the very first random encounter.  You grind for a few hours and are finally able to make it through the first dungeon and kill the boss.  You take one step towards the next town and you'll get annihilated by the first random encounter.  You grind for a few hours...and repeat.  The enemies spike in difficulty after every dungeon.  It's pretty brutal.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 02:26:15 pm »

The difficultly curve looks like a flight of stairs.  You'll get overwhelmed from the very first random encounter.  You grind for a few hours and are finally able to make it through the first dungeon and kill the boss.  You take one step towards the next town and you'll get annihilated by the first random encounter.  You grind for a few hours...and repeat.  The enemies spike in difficulty after every dungeon.  It's pretty brutal.

You forget the two (one?) forced encounters against the other characters. I swear Olvan (dwarf) vs. Valsu (priest) is only winnable with blessing from the RNG. They gain levels when you do, except they're not crippled by the level-up bug, making them pretty unbalanced.
Except Lejes. If he's your second forced encounter he's pathetic. He'll only hit you when have halved defense. :)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Tomato

• View Profile
    • Legends of Localization
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 03:08:42 pm »
I love 7th Saga. One project I'd like to do sometime is translate the Japanese version (Elnard) into English, since they made so many stat/number changes for some reason when they localized it. Probably wouldn't even need to actually re-translate (though it wouldn't hurt I guess), just hack the Japanese version up a lot. Mostly I'd want to do it for myself, because it's one of those games I just like a lot and it'd be fun to work on it. I don't know how to ASM hack SNES games though.

InVerse

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 06:50:57 pm »

It has one of the most awesome fonts in the history of ROM hacking. And I say that with 0 sarcasm.

Deathlike2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 07:34:06 pm »

You forget the two (one?) forced encounters against the other characters. I swear Olvan (dwarf) vs. Valsu (priest) is only winnable with blessing from the RNG. They gain levels when you do, except they're not crippled by the level-up bug, making them pretty unbalanced.
Except Lejes. If he's your second forced encounter he's pathetic. He'll only hit you when have halved defense. :)

The first forced encounter is the easiest.. you just have to make sure you are at or ahead in the equipment department.. and use tge standard strategy.. which is wait out their MP usage so you can eventually muster enough health to defend+strike.

The second encounter is optional. You can mess around with the RNG to the point that they can join you with the Sky Rune. Unfortunately it has a low probability of occuring, but it is very doable. The nicest thing about it is that you don't insta-fight, but must challenge them.

I love 7th Saga. One project I'd like to do sometime is translate the Japanese version (Elnard) into English, since they made so many stat/number changes for some reason when they localized it. Probably wouldn't even need to actually re-translate (though it wouldn't hurt I guess), just hack the Japanese version up a lot. Mostly I'd want to do it for myself, because it's one of those games I just like a lot and it'd be fun to work on it. I don't know how to ASM hack SNES games though.

Go figure on the stat changes.. but I love the increased difficulty. Maybe I'm one of the few that prefer this version of the game (I haven't gotten around to play Elnard to see how much of a difference there, but I love 7th's Saga's challenge a lot more).
FF4 Research Continues
Working on the next Yet To Be Named FF4 "Hardtype" Hack

Tomato

• View Profile
    • Legends of Localization
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 02:21:04 am »
Yeah, I'm really fond of the challenge too. Very few games I've played have that feeling of a journey between towns being actual arduous treks. I love that feeling. It's just that I've played it enough that I'd like to try it out to see how it was supposed to be. I guess that should be easy enough for me, but I think it'd be a fun project anyway that others can benefit from. Maybe in a few decades after I've retired I'll mess with it :P

All this talk makes me want to start a new game now. Listening to the SPCs now, actually, heh.

sa♥tsu

• Back against the thin wall
    • View Profile
    • sa-two.yuudachi.net
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 02:52:59 am »

It has one of the most awesome fonts in the history of ROM hacking. And I say that with 0 sarcasm.

Looks like the Groenig font they used for the Simpsons games.

byuu

• View Profile
    • A farewell message
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 07:52:35 pm »

Yeah, it's pretty depressing to have my work hosted alongside such "works." But no worries, not going to ask for anything to be pulled, neither my work nor said hack. But you can bet I won't be using RHDN for any professional referrals of my work from now on :P

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2008, 01:16:06 am »
Given that is not the site's mission... Why were you doing so in the first place?
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

byuu

• View Profile
    • A farewell message
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2008, 12:25:18 pm »
Oh, I haven't, don't worry :P
But I would have considered it*. Why? Because referencing your own personal page is one thing, but referencing a site outside of your control is another.
(* The "hacking" part in the URI would obviously be a concern, heh.)

Example:
"Hey prospective employer, check out my website, www.thebestpageintheuniverse.com, to see how awesome I am! It's a very impartial source for outside opinion of the quality of my work."
-or-
"Please see www.independentnewssource.com, which has an Alexa rating of 600, for a reference of my work."

I don't know of any other sites indexing my translation work -- well, other than "GoodSNES" ROM set sites.

Shadowsithe

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 08:38:32 pm »
It's funny, for all the bashing that went on over the ZD revival, it's starting to actually -look- better than RHDN in terms of professional layout and content.

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2008, 08:25:42 am »
I disagree with that. I had to go through about six menus to get to their SNES translations.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

Shadowsithe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2008, 06:28:19 pm »
Translations > SNES > English

The problem as I see it is that RHDN is purely utilitarian. Even though it's themable and standards compliant, it's based on an ancient design aesthetic that looks hideous.

BRPXQZME

• じー
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2008, 10:31:08 pm »
Well, the new ZD looks even worse, IMO.

(Yeah, I’m a design snob. I hate the latest trends because it makes me hardcore. :P)
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

Kiyoshi Aman

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Browncoat Captain
    • View Profile
    • Aerdan's Blog
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2008, 08:49:31 am »
I don't like the new ZD look or æsthetic either. It looks...tawdry.