News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: After 10 years, Lennus-II is here!  (Read 13914 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: After 10 years, Lennus-II is here!
« on: October 15, 2008, 06:15:20 pm »

Update By: Draken

After so many years of on-and-off activity, the Lennus-II patch has finally been released!  Bongo's wicked-smart skills were put to good use, and without them, this project may have never been completed.  This is the project that brought the old fossils, WildBill and Taskforce back from the dead, and the end result is so much better than it would have been had they remained lost to time.

So head on over to the Magic Destiny homepage and pick up the patch!  Join Farus in his quest to unite the continents of Andel, and enjoy!

RHDN Lennus II Page

Relevant Link: (http://www.magic-destiny.com/)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 10:22:38 am by Nightcrawler »

realworksuks

• https://www.youtube.com/user/realworksuks
    • View Profile
Re: Translations: After 10 years, Lennus-II is here!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 06:45:35 pm »
Awesome!  We could all use more snes rpg goodness!  Looking forward to playing!
Check out my gaming Youtube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/realworksuks

DaMarsMan

• Bring DQV
    • View Profile
    • DQ Translations!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 12:03:28 am »
Removed header...Applied patch...Not working...

StreetTrash

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 12:55:08 am »
2008 is turning out to be a great year for translation releases. If Policenauts is released by the end of this year I'll be in heaven. Can never have enough classic RPG's.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 01:01:02 am by StreetTrash »
vive le zopharsdomaindonutparodiusthewhirlpoolrhdn~!

Draken

• The Lost Son
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 01:27:34 am »
DaMarsMan:

Maybe you have a bad rom...?  I just double checked everything.  Downloaded a Japanese rom from a random site, stripped away the header with snes tool, applied the patch, and all worked fine. 

butane bob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 03:14:41 am »
Christonabike, another release! Sweet!

FranMichaels

• romhack?
    • View Profile
    • Pears for your heirs
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 03:18:49 am »
Looks fantastic, patch works a treat!
The only thing I wonder, is it okay that I play Lennus II before Paladin's Quest?  ;)
It's all in the mind, ya know.

Draken

• The Lost Son
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 03:27:07 am »
Although L2 does tie-in with PQ1, you don't have to have played the original to understand the story.  Enjoy!  :thumbsup:

curiousfox

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 05:13:51 am »
Do not mention about policenauts, I guess we will wait for it unless they inform us that is it defunct.
thank you, I test it and it work without patching but make sure you use (j) and the ips must have the same filename.smc

DaMarsMan

• Bring DQV
    • View Profile
    • DQ Translations!
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 08:36:01 am »
I had a bad rom. It's working now.

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 01:12:24 am »
I'm currently playing with the patch applied and I've very impressed with the quality of the translation. You've all done a great job on translating this game! Thank you very much for your efforts! Beer and cookies for everyone! :beer: :cookie:
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Draken

• The Lost Son
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 01:51:51 am »
Thanks, Recca!  Though we worked really hard on the release, we did rush it a little towards the end.  A few typos and a glitch have been pointed out.  It seems that no matter how many times we poured over the scripts, there's always something to miss. hehe. 

Updates will be made available on the Magic Destiny site as problems come to light.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 08:29:01 am »
Thanks, Recca!  Though we worked really hard on the release, we did rush it a little towards the end.  A few typos and a glitch have been pointed out.  It seems that no matter how many times we poured over the scripts, there's always something to miss. hehe. 

Updates will be made available on the Magic Destiny site as problems come to light.

It's inevitable when these projects are so big and there's so few working on it. I've had scripts that the translator did an edits on, an editor did an edits on, and I myself did edits on, then it was all play tested by several people. And STILL some typos and/or grammar errors make it through. So, don't beat yourself up too much. You can only edit and test so much before throwing it to the wolves! The good news is when you have the public playing it, there's good chance they'll catch the remaining errors sooner or later.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 11:31:32 pm »
I agree with what Nightcrawer said, almost no translation can be 100% correct without any grammar mistakes at all. Especially not when they're large projects such as this one and with minimal people working on it as Nightcrawler stated. Even professionally translated games have them. Breath of Fire 2 and Zero Wing anyone? :laugh:

I remember playing Lennus II as a child in Japanese wishing that someday I can play it in English and now I finally can. The text is nice, readable and it matches the game. I also like the fact that the text does not come out of the text box. I've seen some translations that have problems like that but it's nice that this one does not. So far I haven't seen any grammar mistakes in the game at all but I don't mind seeing a few. A few grammar mistakes can't effect a translation this good! I played all of last night like a mad man! :)

I for one still think that there's still a lot of good RPGs for the snes which have not been translated yet. It's nice to see that Lennus II has finally been translated and so good to. Once again, I give Draken, Bongo', Wildbill and Taskforce my thanks for this great translation. I've been looking forward to playing Lennus II in English for a long time and seeing this translation has really made my day. <Goes back to playing Lennus II> ;)

Hopefully someday I'll be able to help in such translation projects in the future. It's something that I'm looking forward to. Although I have yet to still attempt my first romhack. All I've done so far is to read a few .txt files written in the Getting Started section.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 11:45:56 pm by Recca »
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

greygts

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008, 03:08:17 am »
Just finished watching some youtube vids of your work. Looks like a fun game and I'm looking forward to playing  :beer:

Teioh

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2008, 04:14:29 pm »
This just caught me by surprise..completely :O
Magic Destiny was one of the first translation websites I discovered and the project pages introduced me to some of the most interesting and incomprehensible snes rpgs ever. Lennus II has always been one of them.
Thanks to all the people involved for the hard work and endurance.

Now I can't wait to listen to that awesome last dungeon theme in-game ;D