News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Ys VI - The Ark Of Napishtim English Translation is now available.  (Read 30545 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: Doppiapunta

Many of you surely know the beautiful Ys series. Unfortunately all the games weren't translated, so during these last years many fan translations were created.

Now we are proud to announce that the english translation for Ys VI - The Ark Of Napishtim (PC) is now available.
All dialogue, graphics, and items are translated.
There are two versions of the patch, one for the so called “Limited Edition” (1.1.0.9) and one for the latest normal version (including the “Win Vista compatible Edition”)(1.3.0.5).
The patch is absolutely free and you can download it from here.
Be sure to choose the right patch for your game version.
We hope you enjoy this beautiful game, finally in english.

Relevant Link: (http://ys6.figlidigaucci.eu)

teasel

i'm kinda confused... didn't this game got an official english release?

doppiapunta

• View Profile
    • I Figli di Gaucci productions Game Amateur Translation Team
It was translated in its ps2 and psp port but it's quite different.
The pc version wasn't translated at all.
So we thought to make it ;)
Enjoy with it :)

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
Might I point out that the PC version is superior compared to the ports.

Kyuuen

• 翼を持った少年
    • View Profile
Gonna say thanks, because yeah, PC version is the only non-watered down version and it's great that I can start playing it when I get the urge. I own it for the Ps2 and I like it but... The changes were bothersome and the game looked very ugly on my HDTV. Won't have any of those problems here so this is great.
What's a battle?

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
Could someone list the differences between PS2 and PC version for me? I already loved the PS2 version myself and wonder if it's worth playing the game again on PC now.
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

doppiapunta

• View Profile
Could someone list the differences between PS2 and PC version for me? I already loved the PS2 version myself and wonder if it's worth playing the game again on PC now.

Well differences are few:

- better graphics
- high resolution
- time attack mode
- you can choose 4 difficulty levels

in PC version there no alma's trials!

If you played ps2 version it it won't be worth it to play it again since differences are few.
Even if it's  great game and I like it very much ;) :)

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
Ok, thanks for the information update  :beer:
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

noneother

• View Profile
The most important difference would be that the PC version has sprites for characters, not crappy 3d models.

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
Now just Ys V is left without a 100% English version, IIRC?

Guadozoku

• View Profile
I have the paid download version, and when I install the patch, it wants a game disk (which I obviously don't have.)

Deuce

• A forum is nothing without its members.
    • View Profile
Now just Ys V is left without a 100% English version, IIRC?
And Origin.
It's a shame.  I kind of liked this place.

"Fascism was a counter-revolution against a revolution that never took place." -- Ignazio Silone

localflick

I've never played the PC version, but I have it for PS2 and borrowed the PSP port from a friend. The psp version wasn't a great port (tiny font-size, long load times, lack of voices and other memory limitations), but the ps2 version was amazing. I wanted a portable way to play it, but the PS2 version totally ruined me on the PSP one.

I love this game, and look forward to putting it on my laptop for when I'm not at home. Are there any sites selling the pc version, or am I going to have to scour Ebay for it?

doppiapunta

• View Profile
I have the paid download version, and when I install the patch, it wants a game disk (which I obviously don't have.)

The paid download version?
I never known of it.
Well the error you are reporting might be due to the fact you used a different version.
Every patch version is dedicated to the specific patch version since they patch the game archieves that are different from version to version.
So..if you want a more detailed answer just give me more informations:

- make a clean installation of the game
- don't patch it with the english patch

- check the main executable version ( config.exe, config_dx9.exe, YsVI-WIn.exe, YSVI_WIN_DX9.exe) then go to the "release" subfolder anc check how many .na archieves and their names.

With these informations maybe i'll be able to privide some informarmations and tips for the patch.

bye bye

Guadozoku

• View Profile
version 1.2.01

data.na
data.ni
data_1201.na
data_1201.ni
data_a00.na
data_a00.ni
im01.dt
im02.dt
im03.dt
im03b.dt

doppiapunta

• View Profile
Uhm it's quite strange since the executable version is 1.2.0.1 but the game files present in the install folder are the same of the 1305 version.
By the way.. just download the official 1.2.0.2 update patch from this link:

http://www.falcom.com/ys6/support/s_prg_02.html

patch the game.

And then apply the dedicated "1202 only" english translation patch
that you can find here:

http//ys6.figlidigaucci.eu

Let me know.

bye Bye

Guadozoku

• View Profile
I installed the 12.02 update patch, but that just makes it ask for a game disk, which I don't have.

I bought the game from here http://www.falcom.co.jp/vector/index.html
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 09:22:51 am by Guadozoku »

Deuce

• A forum is nothing without its members.
    • View Profile
lack of voices
Voices were a (bad) addition to the PS2 port.  Both the English and the Japanese ones were completely off-base.  I couldn't stand playing the PS2 game without turning the voices all the way down.
It's a shame.  I kind of liked this place.

"Fascism was a counter-revolution against a revolution that never took place." -- Ignazio Silone

doppiapunta

• View Profile
I installed the 12.02 update patch, but that just makes it ask for a game disk, which I don't have.

I bought the game from here http://www.falcom.co.jp/vector/index.html

It's normal..it's an anticopy protection Falcom did in the latest version.
after patching the game with 1202 patch just apply the 1202 english translation patch and the game will result in english and there won't ask you for the cd ;)
trust me :)
Bye Bye