First, thanks for bringing us this translation King! This has got to be the only game I know of offhand that offers simultaneous, but completely independent 2 player action like that. That is a great concept that I'm surprised can even be done on the SNES. There are occasional slow-downs, but not that many. I'm interested in how they did certain things graphically as well. It would be totally awesome to see a Mario game done in this fashion.
With that said, I've found a few issues. I have been playing on the real console, so don't have screenshots or saves or anything.
1. The titlescreen glitches garbage on the screen sometimes. The first time I got this to happen I had let the intro play out once and the second time it got to the titlescreen it glitched. I got it to happen on BSNES as well. Try pressing start during the Olive turning to stone portion of the intro and it should probably happen there. Let me know if you can't get this to happen and I'll spend some more time on what triggers it to occur.
2. All of the anchor text on the play board is untranslated. Every time you get an anchor or loose one it say "*garbage* received the *garbage* anchor!" It's the same for the lost anchor text, but I didn't copy the string for that.
3. The game over/continue screen is completely untranslated. I was in 2-player mode and one of us died. I didn't test 1 player mode.
4. The witch occasionally appears on the play board to hit you with evil magic. The graphic has text coming out of her mouth, but it's untranslated. I imagine you have probably seen this and know about it.
5. Casino text is untranslated.
6. "Ugh that Cole... Olive's in trouble , but where the heck is he?" This string spills outside the box. It's too long.
7. Password character text, but that's in the readme, so you already know about that.
I've played to Stage 3 so far. I had to start cheating because it got too damn hard and frustrating for my patience. I may get around to completing it later this week if I have some time. I'll let you know if I come across anything else.
For everybody else, grab a friend and play 2-player. It's a cool experience!