News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden  (Read 19752 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden
« on: December 26, 2008, 03:35:28 am »

Update By: Gideon Zhi

Aeon Genesis wishes everyone a very merry Christmas, and brings a slightly late gift of a (mostly) complete Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden translation! The story and interfaces have been completely translated - that's well over three megabytes of text alone! The character and robot databases remain in Japanese, and there are a few minor issues with the hacking, so be sure to read the readme and apprise yourself them. Enjoy the game!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://agtp.romhack.net)

navybill1984

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 03:41:05 am »
Awesome, thank you! Works fine aside from the normal voices not working, but thats not patch related methinks.  ;D :thumbsup:

Soluzar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 05:26:31 am »
Excellent work! This translation has been slowly proceeding for several years now, but I never doubted it would reach a conclusion. Gideon Zhi may work slowly, but he doesn't start what he does not intend to  finish.  I encountered Gideon and Excellen (Chrissy) on the SRW-G forums when the project was still at an early stage, but they both had the appearance of a dedication to the job that seemed impressive and convincing.

I can only hope that it has been as satisfying for them as it will be for me to finally play this game in English. It is unimportant that a few minor things remain untranslated or imperfect. What matters is that the basic game, the main interface and story, have been translated such as to allow the many fans of this series to enjoy the game in their native language for the first time.

Kudos to Ghideon Zhi and his merry band of translators and colleagues in hacking! I shall respectfully hope that 2009 will be as good of a year from the point of view of AGTP releases as 2008 has proved to be.

snesmaster40

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 06:22:21 am »
Woo! This game has a really great cast too!

This has been a great day with a lot of unexpected releases.

Edit: This patch doesn't work with those that have SLPS_031.48
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 06:52:40 am by snesmaster40 »
Are we not men?

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 08:32:40 am »
Edit: This patch doesn't work with those that have SLPS_031.48

Apparently it does. From someone at the AGTP board:

http://agtp.romhack.net/pantheon/index.php?topic=243.msg7785#msg7785
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

snesmaster40

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 08:46:00 am »
Ah I was going to try that (didn't know about the thread) until I saw the reference to SLPS_031.47 which is a file, so I thought it might not work due to some kind of change.

Still I got a working version and it works great. I'm only just finished stage 2 and there's so much text too so great work to the team for sticking to such a big project :beer:
Are we not men?

Next Gen Cowboy

• "People are like dice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 10:57:27 am »
As is per the usual, congratulations. Then again this cannot really be considered usual, it seems that over the past year a huge step has been taken forward, perhaps a more proper analogy would be outward, as it spreads in all directions.

Wooty woot!
"Remember when we were in Japan? You said you were my gun, if you're the gun then that means I'm the bullet."

"All my life I've been waiting for the gunpowder to go off, you know what you need to ignite gunpowder? You need a gun."

Metal Knuckles

• WE MUST GATTAI
    • View Profile
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 12:03:33 pm »
*bloody nose*

liquidocelot201

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 02:31:09 pm »
 :woot!: :woot!: :woot!: :woot!: :woot!: :woot!: :woot!: :woot!: :woot!: :woot!:

Kiyoshi Aman

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Browncoat Captain
    • View Profile
    • Aerdan's Blog
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 04:50:21 pm »
I know you're all psyched, but please refrain from useless (e.g. smiley-filled) posts.

navybill1984

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 05:51:13 pm »
Im sorry if this is in the wrong section too by the way, but can anyone direct me or advise me on getting the voices to work? The original disc works fine on my computer and Ps2, but when I try to make a patched version of it to play on the computer, everything works great EXCEPT the voices.

Thanks

Next Gen Cowboy

• "People are like dice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 05:58:42 pm »
I have not tried this patch yet, but I assume you are emulating off epsxe in which case your best bet would be eternal sound plugin 1.4, I recommend you give that a whirl. Obviously check the readme, and AGTP's site or info if that does not work.
"Remember when we were in Japan? You said you were my gun, if you're the gun then that means I'm the bullet."

"All my life I've been waiting for the gunpowder to go off, you know what you need to ignite gunpowder? You need a gun."

navybill1984

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2008, 06:42:37 pm »
Yup I tried that, no change..i dunno lol, im just glad its in English, thanks again!

liquidocelot201

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2008, 11:57:39 pm »
I know you're all psyched, but please refrain from useless (e.g. smiley-filled) posts.

Sorry. But I just had to do that. This is easily the best news I've received in months.

realworksuks

• https://www.youtube.com/user/realworksuks
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2008, 01:34:06 am »
Congrats!  Definitely looking forward to giving this game a try.  I haven't played any of the games in the series yet, but I love strategy RPG's.
Check out my gaming Youtube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/realworksuks

snesmaster40

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2008, 01:25:26 pm »
navybill you should probably try a different version of the game. It's got something to do with the rip you made or the patch didn't work properly.

Edit: Someone discovered that Gundam DX's X buster rifle has 32/8 shots.

Edit 2: This is on a patched SLPS_031.47. On the original SLPS_031.48 it's 8/8
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 03:10:29 pm by snesmaster40 »
Are we not men?

navybill1984

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2008, 08:08:24 pm »
navybill you should probably try a different version of the game. It's got something to do with the rip you made or the patch didn't work properly.

Edit: Someone discovered that Gundam DX's X buster rifle has 32/8 shots.

Edit 2: This is on a patched SLPS_031.47. On the original SLPS_031.48 it's 8/8
[/quote

Thanks, I did try a different version. The disc I had been using was version 31.47, so very very reluctantly, I opened my other copy that I was hoping to avoid opening, and that one worked much better. I noticed my other disc wasnt in very good condition so that might have affected the rip. Thank you though, works perfectly now.

EDIT: Wow I need to learn how to quote it seems.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 11:00:40 pm by navybill1984 »

Onmi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 10:34:14 pm »
Should you be getting a 'cd-tool.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.' message?

EDIt: Nevermind discovered the problem, fixed it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 11:00:18 pm by Onmi »

Suzaku

• Job change!
    • View Profile
    • Studio Llama
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 10:54:04 pm »
Should you be getting a 'cd-tool.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.' message?

I'd imagine not. Does it happen before, during, or after the patching process? If it happens at the end, then it's possible that the iso may have been patched anyway?

Onmi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 07:50:15 am »
During. the odd this is sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't.

The other weird thing is once it produced a .CUE along with a .BIN the other time it just produced a .BIN.

My Copy is the .48 version and I edited the software as instructed in the News thread in AGTP.

My steps so far.

1. BIN and CUE gotten of CD via ISOBuster.
2. Edit Normal Patcher to fit version 48 instead of 47 according to instructions.
3. Put Bin/CUE in same directory as Patch Programs
4. Run Patcher (THIS becomes the problem.)

And after that, I mean I have a PSx emulator but I wanna play it ON my PSX and I have no idea how to Re-Burn it onto a CD/ Convert it to an ISO.

I am really stuck with this.