News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Welcome to Pia Carrot English Translation Patch Released  (Read 10908 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: filler

It is my sincere pleasure to present to you the complete English translation patch for the PC-FX version of Welcome to Pia Carrot!

This ADV/Dating Sim/Visual Novel style game released back in 1997 is a classic of the genre. You play the day to day events of a high school senior during summer break when he is forced to work in his father's restaurant due to poor grades. Contrary to your expectations you have the opportunity to meet a number of young women and begin to learn something about work and life in what may turn out to be the most significant summer of your life so far.

The release includes a custom patcher for Windows that can be used to patch a bin/cue style ISO image. It also includes a super cool music dumper.

This patch has not been fully tested but it should be 100% playable. It is a little rough around the edges in a few spots, most notably the extra comics and games you can get, so please keep this in mind. Minor fixes, edits and improvements may be made later but we didn't want that to get in the way of a playable release. Enjoy!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://projects.mattsmessyroom.com/welcometopiacarrot/)

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
Re: Translations: Welcome to Pia Carrot English Translation Patch Released
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 06:51:46 am »
Congratulations for this fine release filler, I'm looking forward to try this game :beer:
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 07:59:30 am »
Wow. I had a dream last night that I translated something similar, even though it's totally against my nature and gameplay preferences. Weird.

filler

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • "WINNERS DON'T SELL REPROS"
    • View Profile
    • Filler's Translation Projects
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 11:38:12 am »
Wow. I had a dream last night that I translated something similar, even though it's totally against my nature and gameplay preferences. Weird.

It's your subconscious telling you to play Welcome to Pia Carrot. :) ...Or it could be your subconscious telling you to check the table file and re-dump the script for that 3x3 Eyes game we were thinking of doing? ;)

Matt

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 02:04:37 pm »
That's almost like an introductory scenario for a science fiction novel or something. OSHI!
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.

Gil Galad

• View Profile
    • Homepage of Gil Galad
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 09:51:16 am »
Congratulations on the release. It looks like you guys done a good job on it, from a quick glance.

Homepage of Gil Galad || New Forum

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. ”

Eien Ni Hen

• You entitled girlfriend!
    • View Profile
    • Desert Bus Translations
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 02:07:31 pm »
Congrats on the release, filler! I know you've been working on Pia Carrot for a long time, and I can't wait to finally play it! :)
Soon the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans... and pants to match. The monkey clown horrible karate round and yummy like cute small baby chick would beat the donkey.