News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Rosenkreuzstilette ~Blades of the Rose Cross~ Release  (Read 8801 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: TDOMMX

Darkside Translations and Zeppy have recently completed their English localization of [erka:es]'s love letter to retro gaming.

Rosenkreuzstilette is a sidescroller that should feel quite familiar to fans of the original Megaman series.  The game contains subtle hat-tips and blatant shout-outs to gaming classics - going as far back as the Atari 2600 and the Commodore 64, so old-school gamers are in for a treat.

Rosenkreuzstilette ~Blades of the Rose Cross~ translates all of the Japanese text into English (in both Arcade Mode and Story Mode) and corrects most, if not all, of the errors in the original game's flavor text.  Minor tweaks have been made here and there to reinforce references and improve the game's overall presentation.

An English trial version of the game's Arcade Mode can be downloaded from Darkside's project page.  The full game (which is now very hard to come by) has been reissued as a digital download.  Separate installers have been developed to support the original pressing and the digital re-release.

RHDN Rosenkreuzstilette page.

Relevant Link: (http://www.darksidetranslations.com/index.php?page=projects&project=rks)

Special T

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Rosenkreuzstilette ~Blades of the Rose Cross~ Release
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 11:06:23 pm »
I wanted to thank you for translating this game it looks like a lot of fun I saw some videos on youtube of it!

I'll have to get the game and try it out  :beer:

Dr. Cossack

• View Profile
    • Interordi.com
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 12:25:05 am »
I've been playing the English trial a bit, and I like what I'm seeing so far. The translation work looks solid, and the game itself looks fun. I might very well end up purchasing this one!

Thanks for taking care of those not-so-obvious projects, it's great to see unexpected works like this once in a while!
- Dr. Cossack

ION Gamma: Post and share your online game IDs!
Interordi.com: Mega Man games, webdesign, ROM hacking, web-based tools, ...

Special T

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 08:33:08 am »
I agree I love megaman and this was something I didn't even know existed until I saw it on the front page

TDOMMX

• I won't give up.
    • View Profile
    • Darkside Translations
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 02:51:49 pm »
I've been playing the English trial a bit, and I like what I'm seeing so far. The translation work looks solid, and the game itself looks fun. I might very well end up purchasing this one!

Thanks for taking care of those not-so-obvious projects, it's great to see unexpected works like this once in a while!
Glad to hear that you're enjoying our work.  I can assure you that the game only gets better.  Without giving too much away, Schwer-Muta's Stage does an amazing job of messing with players' expectations.  It's one of the few stages in gaming history for which I'd issue spoiler warnings (ie: if you can help it, stay away from YouTube clips of her level).  You'll understand why I say that when you play through the stage yourself.

It's a shame that the official trial only contains Arcade Mode; Story Mode contains more text than Megaman X through X3 combined (I wish I was kidding).  As Kilgamayan / RabiEnRoll noted in his Let's Play, even the very first scene in the game is long.

I agree I love megaman and this was something I didn't even know existed until I saw it on the front page
Perfectly understandable.  Indie games tend to fly under the radar, even when they're released in English.  Our localization was completed well over a month ago, but less than a dozen people have actually bought the original game since our patch went online.  To my knowledge, only Rockman Perfect Memories, Hardcore Gaming 101, and a handful of bloggers are even aware that the game exists, and many of them don't seem to know about the English version yet.  Rockin' Android, an English localization company, mentioned in an interview that they wanted to try and localize RKS - a week after the English patch was released, and half a year after we'd gotten the original developer's consent.

In any event, if you like what you see, be sure to spread the word.  I got into doujin games and visual novels because of word-of-mouth, and I'm grateful I learned about them when I did.  I'm sure a lot of gamers will appreciate the amount of care the developers (and the English localizers) put into the game.

By the way, a sequel to Rosenkreuzstilette is currently in the works.  A (slightly unbalanced) trial is already available at the developer's website.  I don't think I need to tell you what our next project will be...
This is TDOMMX signing out.

Special T

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 06:45:33 pm »
By the way, a sequel to Rosenkreuzstilette is currently in the works.  A (slightly unbalanced) trial is already available at the developer's website.  I don't think I need to tell you what our next project will be...

That is good to know, I'm really looking forward to it.

I haven't beaten this game yet but after playing for a hour or so, it got me curious about other megaman clones so I found megamari which isn't as good but still a fun game, it also has a english translation patch by another group.

Anyway you guys ROCK man (no punn intended)! keep up the great work!