News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Brandish 2 English translation nears completion  (Read 25995 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Brandish 2 English translation nears completion
« on: October 16, 2009, 09:36:18 am »

Update By: PLiberty

"THE DAY WILL SOON COME WHEN EVERYONE WILL BE ABLE TO ENJOY THE FINEST GAME EVER MADE." (Synchronicity)
In English. Available November 2009 by Synchronicity Productions.

Brandish 2 English Translation (Preview Trailer)

Relevant Link: (http://seldane.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=falcom&action=display&thread=4700)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 04:45:13 pm by MathOnNapkins »

noneother

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Brandish 2 English translation nears completion
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 09:52:07 am »
Little know fact: Brandish is actually pretty great, once you adapt to the movement.
I'm really thrilled about this.

Tauwasser

• Fantabulous!!
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 11:35:45 am »
There seem to be several typos in the video and a blatant one in the front page screen. Maybe you should aim for a December '09 release and have a look over the script once more :D Anyway, nice work hacking all that stuff!

cYa,

Tauwasser

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 11:39:39 am »
It's looking the normal version from the title shot, or is this going to be the expert version?
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

FaustWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 01:03:11 pm »
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Man, been waiting for this! Since you have to rely so heavily on cryptic clues scrawled on walls in a Brandish game, playing one in Japanese quickly gets impossible for most of us.

BTW, the applicable link should be written:

http://seldane.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=falcom&action=display&thread=4700

There's currently a "," after the 4700 in the first post, making the link all break-y.

Looks like Synchronicity is going for Brandish III as well. Nice.
Verve Fanworks: We shall shew thee here the force of our arms!

kingofcrusher

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 01:52:41 pm »
Awesome, the first Brandish is one of my favorite SNES games! It was hard as nails but very rewarding- like a good dungeon crawler should be.

That trailer is just massively retarded though. I hope the guy who wrote "The game Japan never wanted us to play" isn't the guy doing the final script.

PLiberty

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 02:15:53 pm »
Woops!  Can't believe i accidentally left the comma in the link.  I was originally going to include another link to the beta English patch, but then decided it wasn't worthwhile.

Metal Knuckles

• WE MUST GATTAI
    • View Profile
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 02:55:26 pm »
Holy crap, are those explosions and spinning text in the game!?  :D

Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 04:39:16 pm »
I already beat this game twice in Japanese. Might as well do it again. I can't wait!

Spinner 8

• Pink Pretty Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 05:16:51 pm »
Woops!  Can't believe i accidentally left the comma in the link.  I was originally going to include another link to the beta English patch, but then decided it wasn't worthwhile.

link plz

greygts

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 07:56:04 pm »
After watching the trailer, I'm afraid I won't be able to play the game -  it's waaaay to hardcore for me.

synchronicity

• View Profile
    • Synchronicity
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 10:00:17 pm »
There seem to be several typos in the video and a blatant one in the front page screen. Maybe you should aim for a December '09 release and have a look over the script once more :D Anyway, nice work hacking all that stuff!

Thanks for the comments. Actually the one typo on the green background (the extra "way") is from older footage and I really regret letting that one in. It was fixed months ago. As for the front page pic... are you trying to correct me on this? You're not the first one so don't feel bad. If you do spot anything else please let me know, but the IPS did undergo three months of beta. Will it be perfect? That's not even on top of our priority list. It's functional + 100% complete and that's good enough for us.

The trailer was meant to be over the top. Sorry if it somehow offends you!

Kronus_Arm

• Act like a baddass, whine like a sissy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 02:32:59 am »

Thanks for the comments. Actually the one typo on the green background (the extra "way") is from older footage and I really regret letting that one in. It was fixed months ago. As for the front page pic... are you trying to correct me on this? You're not the first one so don't feel bad. If you do spot anything else please let me know, but the IPS did undergo three months of beta. Will it be perfect? That's not even on top of our priority list. It's functional + 100% complete and that's good enough for us.

The trailer was meant to be over the top. Sorry if it somehow offends you!

Would you release the patch in NINJA Format?

The first Brandish rules! I got the feeling the sequel will too, I just never thought that someone would go to the trouble to translate a game that's hardly even noticed, thanks mate!

Tauwasser

• Fantabulous!!
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 06:15:04 am »
are you trying to correct me on this?

Whoa... I stand corrected there :D It seems like an unlikely combination of words in that sentence. I don't know how common that expression is in some countries, but I bet 60% of English speakers don't get it :P
Good job then ;)

cYa,

Tauwasser

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 07:09:16 am »
It's a common expression in the US.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

synchronicity

• View Profile
    • Synchronicity
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 10:20:03 am »

We looked into this newer format but being total newbies to this "scene", it was hard to pick up on the advantages of NINJA over IPS. So we just went with the straightforward method. I realize this makes us ancient, obsolete and dated. Hopefully next time!

It's looking the normal version from the title shot, or is this going to be the expert version?

It is indeed the normal version. Maybe we should have gone for Expert right away. At least it won't be very hard to port our patch over should we decide to.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 03:37:48 am by synchronicity »

Kronus_Arm

• Act like a baddass, whine like a sissy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2009, 11:02:27 am »

We looked into this newer format but being total newbies to this "scene", it was hard to pick up on the advantages of NINJA over IPS. So we just went with the straightforward method. I realize this makes us ancient, obsolete and dated. Hopefully next time!

Well it's really easy to use this new format, I will be using it for my upcoming Metroid and Final Fantasy hack. But I look forward for the release.

synchronicity

• View Profile
    • Synchronicity
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2009, 11:45:05 am »
That trailer is just massively retarded though. I hope the guy who wrote "The game Japan never wanted us to play" isn't the guy doing the final script.

Guess you'll just have to roll out your own patch buddy. Let it be known that I am a proudly bilingual Canadian who spent too much time speaking Japanese in Mexico. Not an Oscar nominee by any stretch of the imagination. My dayjob is actually space exploitation and I'm not about to quit it, DON'T WORRY. The trailer wasn't supposed to make any sense, I just wanted an excuse to have a bunch of exploding swear words.

Can't please 'em all!!

creaothceann

• SPINESHARK
    • View Profile
    • creaothceann's website
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2009, 11:47:19 am »

UPS is supported in bsnes.

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 11:52:51 am »

Guess you'll just have to roll out your own patch buddy. Let it be known that I am a proudly bilingual Canadian who spent too much time speaking Japanese in Mexico. Not an Oscar nominee by any stretch of the imagination. My dayjob is actually space exploitation and I'm not about to quit it, DON'T WORRY. The trailer wasn't supposed to make any sense, I just wanted an excuse to have a bunch of exploding swear words.

Can't please 'em all!!

I think his point is simply that the video seemed almost as if you were blaming Japan.

But I personally think anything that can be interpreted as "stupid" or something in that video was done for comedic value. If it isn't, I'm afraid I found myself laughing too much during the video.  :laugh:

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior