Super Robot Taisen A Portable
|Published By||Bandai Namco|
|Genre||Strategy > Turn Based|
|Release Date||19 June 2008|
|ROM Information||ROM Information|
|ROM Map||ROM Map|
|RAM Map||RAM Map|
|Table File||Table File|
|Hacking Notes||Hacking Notes|
|Last Modified||19 June 2018|
Super Robot Taisen A Portable is a turn-based strategy game (released only in Japan) boasting well-known anime mecha series:
- Getter Robo, G’s Benkei, Shin Getter Robo
- Gundams-a-plenty! MS Gundam, Char’s Counter attack, The 08th MS Team, 0083: Stardust Memory, Zeta Gundam, Gundam ZZ, Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz, Mobile Fighter G Gundam
- Metal Armor Dragonar
- Martian Successor Nadesico
- Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, UFO Robo Grendizer
- Combattler V, Voltes V, Tosho Daimos
- Daitarn 3, Zambot 3
- and some of the Banpresto Original characters from Original Generation (no Excellen, though, but enough beauties, don’t worry ;D).
The story is independent from other entries, so the game can be played regardless of whether you have played Original Generation for instance. You will however play as either Axel or Lamia, whose stories are more fleshed out here than in the GBA entries. As is the tradition in Super Robot Wars, the story branches on some occasions to invite you to multiple playthroughs.
The game features a special “evasion erosion” mechanism, and enemies with a lot of evasion. This has made fans consider this game as one of the harder entries in the Super Robot Wars series.
Other game features include (skippable) battle animations with voices, in-battle and in-dialog save options, multiple spirits casting in a single action, multiple pilots for some of the bigger mechs.
This is actually a PlayStation Portable remake of the Game Boy Advance game with the same title (without “Portable”). Some of the features mentioned above were not present on its GBA counterpart, and the graphics are obviously higher res’ and re-done.
|Super Robot Taisen A Portable (EN)||Fully Playable||19 Jun 2018|