Hack of Worms
Hack of Worms
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Genre||Strategy > Turn Based|
|Hack Release Date||01 March 2016|
|Last Modified||14 November 2016|
This is a bugfix/improvement patch for the game ‘Worms’ on the Nintendo Game Boy. The game code is very clever at times and it’s all in all really well put together. Sadly it also bears every sign of being rushed to market, with some deactivated, broken and buggy routines. This patch tries to remedy this so it can be enjoyed like it was supposed to. See the ‘readme’ for further details.
New in version 1.2:
- A sprite bug that occurred when passing the turn over to the next team is fixed.
- A sprite bug that could render the starting team’s captain briefly invisible is fixed.
New in version 1.1:
- The game now features wind! Complete with custom wind/power meters.
- The turn order for every round is now more fair as it is random instead of fixed.
- A team now gets a star next to their health bar indicating that they’ve won a round.
- A small ‘internal tile attribute’ offset error is fixed as well.
New in version 1.0:
- Fixed a bug in the PRNG that amongst other things made half of the levels very unlikely to appear.
- The PRNG is also modified to further improve the overall randomness of the game.
- Fixed an unpleasant bug that could soft-lock the game.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Worms (Europe).gb
- Worms (U) [!].gb
- CRC-32: 2EBC40C2
- SHA-1: 26137CA97B840C63A462BCF85677A5F3DB67FADF
- MD-5: 45DCC259728A00118FE86F841D48564F