Chrono Trigger Texteditor
|Last Modified||24 December 2009|
This program will help you to change the text in Chrono Trigger. It will calculate the compression for you, so you can fit in even more text than before. Just write your text and this program will handle the rest. You can save your work into a Project File or directly to a Chrono Trigger ROM.
Caveat Emptor and all thatReviewed By: obscurumlux01 on 27 Jan 2014
Just wanted to add some quick notes that aren’t mentioned in the (minimal) readme file that accompanies the program.
- As far as I know, this is the latest/last version of the program available.
- The program is within an installer file (WHY!?).
- Luckily, you can extract it with 7-zip and move the $SYSDIR files to the same directory as the executable and it will run fine in Windows 7 in a ‘portable’ fashion without installation.
- This is a very minimal program, but I wish Temporal Flux had a better Text Editor (plugin?) and then something like this wouldn’t be needed.
- Your ROM extensions need to be .SMC (Super Magic Copier) rather than the proper format of .SFC (Super Famicom).
- If you’ve renamed them to SFC using byuu’s SNES Purify utility, then you’ll need to rename them back in order to use this program.
- In another unexpected twist, your ROM needs to have a header (again, WHY!?) so you’ll need to find a utility like NSRT that can add a header for you.
- Finally, this will only work properly on the original US ROM and will be nearly unusable if you aren’t familiar with where text strings are located.
Recommended - No
|Effective, but with quite a few flaws||vince94||20 Apr 2014||N/A||Yes|
|Caveat Emptor and all that||obscurumlux01||27 Jan 2014||N/A||No|
|A simple, but effective text editor.||Recca||03 Oct 2009||N/A||Yes|