Game Boy Advance
|Released By||Chewy, Jeffman, Tomato|
|Platform||Game Boy Advance|
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Game Date||20 April 2006|
|Release Date||09 July 2014|
|Last Modified||28 December 2014|
Mother 3 is a role playing game for the Game Boy Advance.
This is an unofficial English translation of Mother 3, a Japanese RPG released for the Game Boy Advance in 2006. Mother 3 is the sequel to the 1995 Super NES RPG, EarthBound.
This patch is in UPS format and the archive comes with custom patching programs for Windows, Linux, and Mac.
UPDATE – 12/19/14
Patch was updated back in July with the following improvements:
- A number of minor, rare bugs have been fixed
- A few rare typos and other text issues have been fixed
- Some bugs present in the original Japanese game have been fixed
- Script text encoding has been undone
- Duster’s sound battle sounds play properly – the original game had some problems with this
- And probably some lesser stuff that’s been forgotten over time
Save files from version 1.0 and 1.1 will work with this latest patch.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Mother 3 (J) (GoodGBA 3.23)
- 2347 - Mother 3 (Japan) (No-Intro)
- CRC32: 42AC9CB9
- MD5: AF8B0B175F7EC8914CB87B3161BA1AAA
- SHA-1: 4F0F493E12C2A8C61B2D809AF03F7ABF87A85776
User Review Information
This is a fan translation?!Reviewed By: Garoth Moulinoski on 26 Oct 2009
If I prepatched this game for you, put it on a GBA flashcart and never explicitly showed you that this was not an official GBA cart, you may have played this game thinking that it was officially localized.
No seriously! Everything reads as if it had been targeted towards an American localization (doesn’t mean our European and Australian buddies can’t play this game though). I don’t remember any awkward Japanese terms, so there shouldn’t be anything that would scare those that players who know next to nothing about Japanese terms. Even some jokes have been localized, which is a good thing considering many jokes wouldn’t make sense in English if left intact.
The game itself is a blast to play through even if it is really linear. It plays more like an interactive book with RPG elements thrown in.
Recommended - Yes
|God bless this||taimurrahman||05 Dec 2015||1.2||Yes|
|The Tagline Couldn't Be More Appropriate||Bond697||12 Dec 2009||N/A||Yes|
|This is a fan translation?!||Garoth Moulinoski||26 Oct 2009||N/A||Yes|