Megaman X: Capsule Remix
Hack of Mega Man X
Megaman X: Capsule Remix
Hack of Mega Man X
|Patching Information||Interleaved w/No-Header (SNES)|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Hack Release Date||15 March 2019|
|Last Modified||16 March 2019|
Megaman X Remix is a collection of patches for Megaman X that work together to provide a streamlined experience for veterans of the series. It is a series of small changes that allow you to approach the game in a new way.
Compiled By: PowerPanda
- Contains all of the patches listed below
Created By: DarkSamus993, PowerPanda
- This patch will grant the Hadouken the 1st time you reach the end of Armored Armadillo’s stage with all upgrades, weapons, and subtanks, rather than the 5th time. In addition, two upgrades have been made to the Hadouken itself.
1. The Hadouken can hit an enemy during I-frames, since the game will often fire a single pellet shot before launching the Hadouken.
2. The Hadouken works on WolfSigma (the final boss). This was included in the PSP remake Maverick Hunter X. The room layout in the SNES version makes it significantly harder to pull off though.
Created By: Justin3009, PowerPanda
- Zero will not give you the Zero Buster after the fight with Vile. The only way to obtain the Buster Upgrade is to find the capsule.
Created By: PowerPanda
Special Thanks to: RainPoncho, DarkSamus993
- This patch changes the damage output on WolfSigma (the final boss). In the original game, he could only be damaged by Buster Charge Lv3 (1 dmg) and Rolling Shield (2 dmg). Since it is now possible to do a no-upgrades run, WolfSigma now takes 1 dmg from Charge Shot Lv2, 2 dmg from Charge Shot Lv3, and 3 damage from Rolling Shield. This makes the boss slightly easier, and more in line with the difficulty of the rest of the game.
Created By: PowerPanda Using the “Mega ED X” software coded by Xeeynamo
- This is a more extensive patch that makes 4 major changes and 2 minor changes to the stage layout. The major changes affect how you obtain upgrades, while the minor changes simply streamline two levels.
- MAJOR CHANGES
1. Chill Penguin - The Leg Capsule is skippable. See the FAQ for an explanation of the slightly odd level layout.
2. Flame Mammoth - The Helmet Upgrade is no longer needed to access the X-buster upgrade. The ceiling has been shifted 2 blocks to the right and 1 block down to make it easier to access.
3. Flame Mammoth - The Helmet Upgrade is now required for breaking the blocks in front of the subtank. Previously, the player could use either the Helmet OR the Boots to obtain this.
4. Armored Armadillo - The Helmet Upgrade is required for obtaining the heart tank.
- MINOR CHANGES
1. Chill Penguin - One platform has been extended by 2 blocks so the spiked wheel enemies do not drop down on your head before you can see them.
2. Spark Mandrill - A ladder has been added in the first section so that you do not need to backtrack after obtaining the subtank.
Created By: Justin3009
Edited for Compatibility By: PowerPanda
- These patches start X with his normal dash. The dash boots capsule, in turn, grants the air dash seen in Mega Man X2 and beyond. In addition, the player no longer needs to jump and dash at the same time to dash jump off of a wall. They can hold the dash button down and then press jump. Original Patch can be found here: http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4390/
ROM / ISO Information:
- No-Intro Name: Mega Man X (USA) (Rev 1) Headered
- (No-Intro version 20130701-030720)
- File SHA-1: 404F160BBB1A5E9D3E0BFD38EDAA448984040899
- ROM SHA-1: C65216760BA99178100A10D98457CF11496C2097
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|PowerPanda||Levels||Altered the levels|
|Justin3009||Hacking||Discovered the "Zero gives you his buster" assembly code|
|DarkSamus993||Hacking||Discovered the Wolf Sigma damage data values|
User Review Information
More freedom? Yes please.Reviewed By: ThegreatBen on 04 Jan 2018
This hack takes away the minor linearity that was present in this game but not in any other entries in the series and it feels seamless.
I also really like not having the tediousness of getting the Hadouken.
Version 2.0 Recommended - Yes
|More freedom? Yes please.||ThegreatBen||04 Jan 2018||2.0||Yes|
|Slightly Unnecesary but cool nonetheless||AirborneMuffins||15 Apr 2017||1.0||Yes|