Super Contra II
Hack of Contra
Super Contra II
Hack of Contra
|Released By||Yanshan Software|
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Genre||Action > Shooter|
|Hack Release Date||01 January 1993|
|Last Modified||03 September 2016|
This game is a hack of Contra which completely alters the level layouts, making the game much harder than the original. The bosses have also been altered. Some of the bridges in the Jungle level don’t blow up and it’s difficult to tell where you can jump out of the water because of the new layout, with certain areas where the player jumps down to a different part of the water when they’re already in it. The Base levels now take up the whole screen in size and the targets have been changed, although strangely the enemies still spawn in the same spots that they did in the original. Some targets are also invisible here for unknown reasons. The gun targets here also fire more often than they did originally. The player is now given 5 lives instead of 3 and whenever they lose a life, they keep the gun that they had when they died. The audiovisuals are the same, apart from the title screen which doesn’t have the Contra logo or Konami copyright. The Base levels also look considerably different, despite using the same tiles. Many have criticised this hack for being almost unplayable due to the changed layouts. Prepare for a not so normal Contra experience as it will be very difficult!
ROM / ISO Information:
- Contra (U) [!].nes - GOODNES 3.14
- CRC32: C50A8304
- MD5: 7BDAD8B4A7A56A634C9649D20BD3011B
- SHA-1: C9EA66BB7CB30AD5343F1721B1D4D3219859319B
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
BuggyReviewed By: onepiecefan2007 on 24 Feb 2019
This hack is horrible! I will analyze every level in separate points:
1) the first level will make you understand how buggy is this hack, in fact there are: water point in that you cannot swim, too many enemies, if you die you may spawn on an invisible and buggy platform, at a certain point you will destroy a turret but it will re spawn one second later, the boss is almost the same the only difference is that there are two soldiers on the building.
2) the level design of this level is horrible, there are objects that you think that you must destroy but this is false, only few objects can be destroyed to finish the level, there is also an object to destroy to pass the level but this object is invisible, if you have done the first level without cheat let my tell you that the other levels are impossible to overcome without cheat, like the boss of this level that is the same of the original but there are a lot more turret and a lot of them are impossible to hit. (really a great work….)
3) at this point you should have notice that is game seems to have been programmed by a monkey paraplegic affected of seizures so let me present you this level: in this level we have too many turrets, invisible platforms, a horrible design and for joy of we that are playing this hack three bosses! Or better three equal bosses at the same time. This boss is impossible to beat because his arms are on the ground and you can not jump over this arm because on the other side there is another arm, so you will think that you must stay on the left side but this arm will move left and it will hit you. The only way to beat the boss is to shot (losing all of your lives) the four arms and then you must shot the central head of the alien that will explode making explode also half of the faces of the other aliens (OK……)
4) This is the only good level of the hack, the only problem is that there is an object to destroy that require to do a perfect jump but is not a great problem, the boss is also pretty simple.
5)This level is more or less good, there are trucks used as background (cool) and behind these trucks there are the soldiers that throw you grenades (also cool) but there are two problems: some enemies fly over the screen and there is a truck that you will make explode but it will continue to go straight and guess what: it will hit you.
6) & 7) These levels are pretty difficult but there are a lot of B-suite that will help you to beat the levels, at the end of the 6th level there is a troll, in fact there are some turrets with the boss but these turrets cannot shoot. The only problem of the 7th level is that there are two difficult jumps to do, in one you must to a long jump with a perfect timing and in the other you must jump from the end of the platform because there is a wall over you that will stop you to jump, the last problem is that at the end of the level the creator switch the boss icon putting it higher but for destroy it you must shoot in the same place f the original game.
8)The last level combine all flaws of the previous levels eliminating all merits, so we will have: too many enemies, invisible platforms, buggy platforms, point impossible to overcome, enemies that fly on the screen and…. (drumroll) the credits bugged because they will show you the name of the programmer two times after a flash. My vote for this hack is 1.5/5
Version 1.0 Recommended - No
|Buggy||onepiecefan2007||24 Feb 2019||1.0||No|
|Fun||JulianoFdeS||28 Jul 2016||1.0||Yes|
|Terrible design||Endymian||14 Dec 2015||1.0||No|
|Satisfying experience||Paladincecil||23 Sep 2015||1.0||Yes|
|WTF...||TheLuigiLightning||20 May 2015||1.0||No|