A Link to The Past: ReLink
Hack of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
A Link to The Past: ReLink
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Hack Release Date||14 March 2019|
|Last Modified||14 March 2019|
Project ReLink: A Link To The Past, Layout & Logic Modification Hack.
ReLink is an expansive Romhack for ALTTP which modifies both Overworld areas and Dungeons to change the required items needed for progression through the game. While none of the locations you acquire unique items have changes, the places where you use them has. ReLink opens up much of the darkworld earlier, allowing players greater freedom in choosing where they want to go and when. All of these changes and edits to the game are meant to be used alongside the randomizer in the future.
It is good to think of ReLink as a new distribution of value for unique items based on changes in the game’s environment, rather than changes to the unique items themselves.
- 1) Every Dungeon has had tweaks, some of these tweaks may make used of “unused” rooms.
- 2) Upper & Middle Turtle Rock are the only Full-Scale pathing-routing rework.
- 3) New obstacles have been added everywhere to add secondary paths.
- 4) Some obstacles have been removed completely. PoD does not require hammer to complete, for example.
- 5) The Flute landing on Death Mountain has been moved to be east of Hera. The bridge has been removed. The lower bridge is fixed.
- 6) Ice Palace is reachable without Flippers, Mire now requires them.
- 7) The Mire also got a brand new on-foot connection which requires hammer to gain entry.
- 8) All bosses require a Big Key.
- 9) Escape, Sewers, Castle Tower & Ganon’s Tower are unchanged.
ROM / ISO Information:
- File MD5 B9EA9146FC4F687D4AD865AFA11AC93F
- File SHA-1 9F8361E77BD7E82B6F18C807BAA6497A11769FAC
- File CRC32 34ACB92A
- ROM MD5 B9EA9146FC4F687D4AD865AFA11AC93F
- ROM SHA-1 9F8361E77BD7E82B6F18C807BAA6497A11769FAC
- ROM CRC32 34ACB92A
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
Going in the right directionReviewed By: o0Lanterns0o on 14 Mar 2019
Other then the maze in light world Kakariko village not working and the chest in Skull woods giving you the Tempered sword, the tweaks done are not pseudo kaizo in that they will make you pull out your hair or need to know speedrunning tricks but offer a nice twist with clever layouts especially in Desert palace, Swamp place and the Palace of darkness was my favorite tweak of all making some of the items feel more useful and not a one dungeon item or a tool only to use a light torches.
If this Hack is expanded on in the way the Palace of Darkness layout was done, this has the potential to be a even greater hack, GG!
Version 1.0.1 Recommended - Yes
|Going in the right direction||o0Lanterns0o||14 Mar 2019||1.0.1||Yes|
|Barely any changes||Sanko||12 Mar 2019||1.0.1||No|