Final Fantasy Tactics: Emergence
Hack of Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
Final Fantasy Tactics: Emergence
|Patching Information||Targets ISO (Disc Based)|
|Genre||Strategy > Turn Based|
|Hack Release Date||21 July 2019|
|Last Modified||22 July 2019|
Final Fantasy Tactics was made in 1997, and remains one of the best Tactical Roleplaying Games on the market. In 2007, it was remade for the PSP and ported to IOS/Android. In 2017, this project was created to try to make a better FFT experience. Everything about the game, from concept art to battle data, was examined to see what hints were left of original design choices. Several themes started to “emerge” from this investigation. FFT: Emergence is the result of this exploration.
Here is a high-level overview of the changes:
- The Job progression has been re-organized to be more intuitive and sensible. For example, Lancers are gained from training Soldiers (aka Knights), not Thieves.
- There are 50 new abilities to learn. 20 were previously enemy-only, and 30 new abilities were created by removing duplicates between classes.
- Magick charge time and damage formulas have been tweaked to bring mages into balance.
- Faith is no longer used in Attack and Healing Magick. It is used purely for status effects, summoning, and treasure hunting.
- Many job classes have been tweaked and redesigned.
- A new class, Magus, has replaced the Dark Knight. It is an armor-wearing mage class with access to 8 spells previously reserved for enemies.
- Every special character has had their skillset modified to make them more versatile and reflect their personality.
- Ramza slowly becomes a Dark Knight over the course of the story, able to learn the Dark Sword techniques from fighting against Gaffgarion.
- Every storyline battle has been tweaked to give players a greater variety of enemies and a smoother difficulty curve.
- Many items and weapons have been updated.
- And, of course, the animation slowdown has been removed.
Taken in total, FFT: Emergence offers new gameplay possibilities while still retaining the theme and feel of the old classic. With a difficulty level similar to the original game, any player can pick this up with confidence.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Final Fantasy Tactics - War of the Lions (European)
- ROM/File SHA-1: 705348778A66669BBFB121CE638E93C21CE309F5
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
The definitive FFT! Tactics at it's full potential!Reviewed By: Final Boss on 30 Apr 2019
This hack is really more of a rebalancing act that brings usefulness to what would otherwise stay fairly without use in the original game, such as giving a much more versatile moveset to Archers and many other classes. By simply having a refresh spell to regain lost MP, you’ve negated the need to rely on expensive items and annoying chemists, rather than simply have a mage that stays useful after casting a few spells. I could go on all day about the class skill upgrades, they’re THAT good.
But let me continue; it’s nice controlling some of the guest characters rather than let the AI make them get in the way and ruin strategies. I love the changes to all the skills and jobs, they are all interesting/useful and have very worthwhile effects, even Ramza and Delita’s.
This hack is so good, I’m even playing through it again. I rarely find hacks of ANYTHING this good, but FFT is one of my all-time favorite games. I love Emergence.
It is. The definitive way to enjoy FFT. No other way to say it.
Version 1.1 Recommended - Yes
|The definitive FFT! Tactics at it's full potential!||Final Boss||30 Apr 2019||1.1||Yes|
|Pretty good so Far A+||Outlander||28 Jan 2017||1.0||Yes|