Dark Law: Meaning of Death
No Alternate Title
|Released By||Aeon Genesis|
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Game Date||28 March 1997|
|Release Date||28 Mar 2007|
|Last Modified||25 January 2016|
Dark Law is the sequel to Dark Lord, the third part in a trilogy of tangentially-related games (think Soul Blazer/Illusion of Gaia/Terranigma.) Whereas the second game in the series, Wizap!, kind of stinks, Dark Law is fully of all kinds of awesome. Combat plays similarly to Treasure Hunter G, if you´ve played that, except it´s not grid based - you have a power bar that decreases as you move, and the more it has left in it the more attacks you can make in a single turn. It´s also got multiple endings!
Dark Law is essentially the Japanese interpretation of the pencil-and-paper RPG into a videogame format. The focus is rather heavy on exploration and light on combat, with copious amounts of storytelling thrown in for good measure. It, like Dark Lord before it, is told through a series of short stories (”Scenarios”) which tie together by the final conclusion. It’s a pretty cool game, on the whole.
Gideon Zhi picked this up from Haeleth and completed it. There’s a lot of low level hacking that went into this and it shows. So check it out.
Also, the game’s font is hi-res, which is why the screenshots up top are blurry.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Name: Dark Law - Meaning of Death (Japan).sfc (No-Intro 2016-01-12)
- Size: 4194304
- CRC32: 125a0c22
- MD5: d58849487d0ab3038f5f9cc38efc8602
- SHA1: a4312636bfac45a21b3e2f4475e5db622e9fc0e3
User Review Information
Good translationReviewed By: RomerPlayer on 20 Jun 2019
About the translation:
- It works
- Have some issues, some times there are some weird characters in the text, but, still you can play it and understand the history
- No major issues found
About the game:
- The game have an excellent history
- If you like the tacticals game, this is a “must play game”
- Have good graphics, music and action
- Have around seven finals
- There is not to much information about the classes and the game, but, there is a wiki, you can consult there some information about the classes and quests
I recommend this translation and game. Great job for the team.
Version 1.0 Recommended - Yes
|Good translation||RomerPlayer||20 Jun 2019||1.0||Yes|