Mega Man X6 Tweaks Patcher
|Game||Mega Man X6|
|Release Date||19 November 2019|
|Last Modified||19 November 2019|
The “Mega Man X6 Tweaks Project” is a compilation of QoL hacks, gameplay improvements and localization restorations for Mega Man X6.
This is a customization tool which includes all the changes available in the stand-alone patches, and a few more. The stand-alone patches are included as a preset profiles.
The GUI was written in AutoHotkey (v1.1.30.00). The actual patching of the BIN is handled by other tools which are included and launched by the patcher automatically. More information in the included readme file and in the links below:
Here are some of the options in this tool that are not available in the stand-alone patch:
- Nightmare Effects: Can be permanently removed (apart from the new custom menu options)
- Dialogues: Stage Alia calls and “briefing” dialogues can be permanently removed (apart from the new custom menu options)
- Intro: Skip Capcom intro video, skip opening video.
- Player Mechanics: More complete set of Dash parameters to tweak. Double-jump and double-tap inputs can now be disabled.
- Player Mechanics: Frame-by-frame controls for the animation timing of X’s Saber, Zero’s ground combo cooldown, and the Z-Buster.
- Player Mechanics: Attachment to ceiling can be set unlimited (Shadow Armor, Zero’s Hyoroga)
- Player Mechanics: X’s Saber can be set cancellable by dashing, both normal and with Shadow Armor.
- Balance: Boss health bar size controls, by level. Includes sub-bosses health bars.
- New Game Status: Randomize Parts carried by Rescuable Reploids.
- Localization: Additional title screen options, including the original Japanese version.
- Localization: Additional voice clips can be selected separately, adding two not included in the sample profile (title screen “Rockman X6″, and vocalized boss “Warning” from the Prototype version)
- Custom Art: Individual selection of mugshots by Metalwario64.
- Custom Art: Colors scheme options for X Ultimate Armor (mugshot and sprite palette).
- Stage Mechanics: Auto-crouching for Recycle Lab/Secret Lab 2-2 (Zero). If the ceiling crushes you in a tight spot where you would’ve survived crouching, you’ll crouch automatically and stay locked in this position until the ceiling rises.
- Stage Mechanics: Recycle Lab/Secret Lab 2-2 (Zero), ceiling movement can be completely disabled.
- Damage Tables: Complete access to all damage tables, including obstacles such as Nightmare Effects blocks. Damage values can be modified by enemy/by attack.
- Damage Tables: Gate and High Max can be made vulnerable to normal attacks
- A few more smaller things.
Customization and options? Yes!Reviewed By: Thirteen 1355 on 15 Jul 2019
This utility is an offshoot of the Mega Man X6 Tweaks hack, which adds a slew of improvements to the game. The patcher, however, allows you to choose which of these improvements (and a few more) you would like to patch. This allows for way more customization compared to the Tweaks hack, something I wholeheartedly applaud.
Version 15 Recommended - Yes
|Customization and options? Yes!||Thirteen 1355||15 Jul 2019||15||Yes|