Mega Man 3 Revamped
Hack of Mega Man 3
Mega Man 3 Revamped
Hack of Mega Man 3
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Hack Release Date||08 December 2019|
|Last Modified||08 December 2019|
Three years ago, a hack of Mega Man 3 called “Mega Man 3 Ultimate” was released by romhacker TheSkipper1995. It was meant to be a relatively simple hack built on top of KujaKiller’s “Mega Man 3 Improvement”, rebalancing some of the game’s level design and difficulty curve. At the time, the hack was considered satisfactory if a bit conservative in its changes to the base game.
Early this year, at the behest of fellow romhacker DangerDoodle, TheSkipper1995 was convinced to continue work on Mega Man 3 Ultimate with some simple graphical updates. Over the next several months, however, with the programming assistance of KujaKiller, DurfarC, and MartsINY, the project grew into something far more substantial than Mega Man 3 Ultimate. This is “Mega Man 3 Revamped!”
Mega Man 3 Revamped’s purpose is to be a highly polished and streamlined version of Mega Man 3 for people who may not have liked the original game due to its rushed, unpolished development.
- Liberal changes to level design to make more interesting and engaging use of enemies, hazards, and stage gimmicks; most notably longer Dr. Wily stages with over 40 screens of additional, challenging content!
- Improved utility to Hard Knuckle which can be aimed much faster, Needle Cannon which has a much faster auto-fire rate, and Gemini Laser which doubles its speed after ricocheting once!
- Significant added graphical detail to many stages and cutscenes including Top Man, Hard Man, Snake Man, Gemini Man, and Spark Man!
- Additional fixes to several stray bugs that went unnoticed in Mega Man 3 Improvement!
- A restructured story line that keeps Break Man’s secret hidden until the final act!
- Changes to boss hitboxes and a.i. to be both less frustrating and more challenging!
Version 1.1 Update:
- Updated bug fixes from Kuja Killer’s latest Improvement patch version 2.2.2
- Very minor tweaks to level design and damage value balancing based on feedback.
- Minor hitbox adjustments.
ROM / ISO Information:
- No-Intro Name: Mega Man 3 (USA)
- (No-Intro version 20130731-235630)
- File SHA-1: 53197445E137E47A73FD4876B87E288ED0FED5C6
- ROM SHA-1: 6780B3FCC547C013EE45AFAC6BB30C6FC6D8B46E
- File MD5: 75B924155CAFEE335C9EA7A01BFC8EFB
- File CRC32: 452D8089
- ROM MD5: 4A53B6F58067D62C9A43404FE835DD5C
- ROM CRC32: 603AAA57
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
Fantastic Version - Detailed BreakdownReviewed By: slider on 13 Nov 2019
I registered to be able to review this game.
I’ve always like playing MM3 and am pretty good at it. Definitely not a speed runner or masochist for difficult versions. There are many versions of this that I’ve played like Improvements (awesome), Mushroom Kingdom, Justiley, My Little Pony, Ridley X vs Gamma, The Battle of Gamma, and The Rise and Fall of Doctor Wily. This is by far my favorite one!
All irritating and annoying screens have been removed with ones that are more interesting. A few require a bit of thought while others are just more fun. You may die during some sections, but you can easily figure out the faster ways of getting through them.
Some magnet flying sections may take a few times to learn, but feel great when you learn how to get through them. Some other versions of this game feel like an endless slog of trying to remember when a random enemy pops up and kills you. This may happen for you a couple times, but it’s very limited and not annoyingly punishing.
I’ve played through multiple times and have gotten better at flying through sections quickly and in a fun manner. It’s hard to play the original version now :) I like how some fixes to Spark Man’s stage make moving through more fluid. I like how many times you don’t have to use Rush Coil (pointlessly) to jump on a ladder or platform (for reasons).
Some subjective critiques are as follows:
- I wish, and realize this may be impossible, that the final boss was completely different. I’ve always disliked how boring and easy he is.
- Thank you for replacing that sad MM3 wallpaper background for the robot select screens. I wish the backgrounds could be more similar to MM2 (stars flying by). Again, I realize this may not be possible.
- I bumped into minor errors with enemies at the beginning of Needle Man stage looking incorrect. This might be my fault for using the wrong version.
Thank you very much for the improved graphics of the backgrounds of the levels. Thank you very much for everything from Improvements. Thank you very much for more interesting screens. Thank you very much for improvements to some bosses. Thank you very much for removing all irritating screens. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR making the Wily stages far more fun! Thank you very much for putting the effort in to make a better game!
I would love to talk to the creators to talk about specific feedback.
Overall… Thank You. And see you next. ;)
Version 1.0 Recommended - Yes
|Fantastic Version - Detailed Breakdown||slider||13 Nov 2019||1.0||Yes|
|A wonderful edition!||NARFNra||07 Nov 2019||1.0||Yes|
|A fun twist on an old favourite||G30FF||08 Dec 2019||1.1||Yes|