Mega Man 4 Voyage
Hack of Mega Man 4
Mega Man 4 Voyage
Hack of Mega Man 4
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Hack Release Date||07 February 2019|
|Last Modified||08 February 2019|
This ROM hack is a major overhaul of Mega Man 4 that changes the original game so much that it can almost be considered a new game altogether. In fact, with the exception of the names of the 8 robot masters, very little is left from the original game.
Mega Man 4 Voyage strives to be one of the most extensive Mega Man ROM hacks to be 100% completed and released to date, with an original storyline, new places to explore, reprogrammed robot master AIs, an improved weapon arsenal, new fortress bosses and an enormous soundtrack with almost 40 original songs to accompany it all. At the same time, it still tries to stick to the “run, jump and shoot” formula of the original classic Mega Man games. The hack should be suitable for veterans and casual players alike; it is more difficult than the original Mega Man 4, but easier than most other ROM hacks and fan games out there.
What started as a one-man project has resulted in a fine collaboration between DurfarC (main author, level design, programming, music), MartsINY (main boss designer, programming) and chiptune composers Golden Shades, RRThiel, Cosmic Gem and MarkTherence. Furthermore, the hack incorporates patches, programming assets and graphics from a wide range of people.
Please check out the README file for more information about the hack, including more detailed credits. Enjoy!
ROM / ISO Information:
- No-Intro Name: Mega Man 4 (USA)
- (No-Intro version 20130731-235630)
- File SHA-1: 2AE9A049DAFC8C7577584B4B9256F7EF8932B29C
- ROM SHA-1: 673A888C468ABE33FB0B3F063C6837DD21D5D32B
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|DurfarC||Hacking||Programming, level design, music, a few bosses|
|MartsINY||Hacking||Main boss programmer, programming, minor level design|
User Review Information
MM4V. It is perfectly. More than just a hackReviewed By: diablo666 on 04 Dec 2019
Hack promises new, different music, not similar to REMIXES from other games… Аnd we get what was declared.
However, why did I pay attention to the hack? Is it just music?
The answer is simple. Spent a lot of time on the hack - and not for nothing. It has a good balance of complexity. It does not jump from sharply difficult to sharply easy. And it’s nice.
What are the pros and cons of this creation? Let’s start with the zero point.
0. Hack - begins not with a retelling of MM4, but with a different interpretation of Wily’s story against Megaman. Wily restores 8 old Kozak robots. And the Voyage begins on this. After passing 66% of the story of the game, we get the following. We were sent to the fake Wily Castle. And in order to defeat the main villain, we need to go through another castle.
What can I bring in pluses?
1. Graphics and level design. Although they partially extracted the graphic component from other NES games, they did a great job, I have no questions. Plus too this is added and very competently constructed levels. There is no feeling that something is too much or vice versa - an empty room.
2. Enemies at level. They were taken from various games on the theme of Mega man, at least from official, at least not from official. Properly put them - still hard work. The authors coped with this.
3. As I said earlier - music. To write music from scratch and combine it with the game … PERFECT. Well, the truth is beautiful. Not a single track - not a single REMIX from another game. It is combined with levels!
4. Bosses in this hack. The first 8 is a modified AI, qualitatively modified AI. It’s interesting to fight them. It is pleasant to to lose to them, BUT it is NICE TO WIN THEM! The remaining bosses in the hack are NEW. Mecha Dragon, Mega mans clones, illusion machines, like from MM10 … and others.
5. Special features of the game. All were written from scratch. And it diversifies the gameplay.
6. Easter eggs, alternative ways. Easter eggs - can be in boss AI, hidden walkways or the final boss. And the rest of the tricks - “NO SPOILERS”
Now the cons. They are minimal, almost imperceptible, but there are.
1. Boss Image Icons and their appearance. I have nothing against it, but I would like them to change too … as it was in RockmanCX. AI is interesting, but the look remains the same
2. Character abilities. What we get from bosses - abilities are almost indistinguishable, and if they differ, then weakly. The only thing that stands out is RING, DRILL, DUST abilities. And all … (The only thing that Megaman added was a charge shot)
The result is from me. This hack is good. So good that I felt different. as with Rockman CX - I didn’t play a hack, BUT A NEW, ANOTHER game.
Status: I recommend! And status: “NEW GAME”
Version 1.06 Recommended - Yes
|Voyage is a great game... but not without flaws||Snufflepus Penguin||19 Aug 2020||1.06||Yes|
|I love this||Yave||02 Jun 2020||1.06||Yes|
|Mega Man 4 Voyage - EXCELLENT||Dobu_GM||01 Jun 2020||1.06||Yes|
|Professional||CANbus||25 Mar 2020||1.06||Yes|
|Just fun||bibble89||08 Feb 2020||1.06||Yes|
|MM4V. It is perfectly. More than just a hack||diablo666||04 Dec 2019||1.06||Yes|
|Excellent||JRIVA||22 May 2019||1.06||Yes|
|How is This Just a Hack?||Mother Kojiro||30 Mar 2019||1.06||Yes|
|Fantastic game||Quint||03 Mar 2019||1.06||Yes|
|Very good||hojo||07 Jan 2019||1.04||Yes|
|Amazing music, great fun...until the last few levels||KevvyLava||02 Jan 2019||1.03||Yes|
|A fun well-designed ROM Hack||crfstewarje||21 Dec 2018||1.02||Yes|
|Easily one of the best Megaman ROM Hacks||Satoshi_Matrix||18 Dec 2018||1.02||Yes|
|One of the best Mega Man Hacks I've played||XIII Hearts||18 Dec 2018||1.01||Yes|
|Not Just Another Mega Man 4 ROM Hack||Josephine Lithius||16 Dec 2018||1.0||Yes|
|One of the best hack of megaman||ikusatatsu_ushiromiya||16 Dec 2018||1.0||Yes|