Sega Game Gear
|Platform||Sega Game Gear|
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Game Date||09 August 1991|
|Release Date||15 May 2020|
|Last Modified||19 May 2020|
Legend tells of the lost city of Millennium, a golden paradise created to praise the gods. It is said that the bearer of the eight Golden Knives shall open the way to Millennium and its long-lost treasures and technology. One day, the young treasure hunter Arwyn finds himself unexpectedly caught up in the search for Millennium. In a journey spanning the entire world, Arwyn, together with companions Ryall and Blue Moon, must solve mysteries and uncover conspiracies from across the ages in order to learn the secret of Millennium…
Eternal Legend is a 1991 RPG for the Sega Game Gear by Japan Art Media. It’s a very orthodox RPG notable mostly for being the very first one on the Game Gear. It features vast overworlds based on real-world continents, a simple monster summoning mechanic, and a highly idiosyncratic system of text bracketing.
This is a complete English translation of Eternal Legend for the Game Gear.
Because the game has a lot of needlessly obscure plot triggers, the patch download also includes a complete walkthrough. Additionally, in an attempt to alleviate some of the game’s clunkiness, a few strictly optional cheats have been added to the game:
- Holding down Button 1 while walking will make the party move faster. This will also speed up forced movement during cutscenes.
- The System menu now contains an option to disable random encounters.
- Holding Button 1 will fast-forward text (in the original game, only Button 2 did this).
ROM / ISO Information:
- No-Intro filename: Eternal Legend - Eien no Densetsu (Japan).gg
- CRC32: 04302BBD
- MD5: C58D6291DA8A4919328B8F42BE8640A7
- SHA-1: 717B4E33CF3956E4194B912533BF1B7BF9D20725