Newest Translations

Somer Assault The Lion King B-Wings Ordyne

Newest Utilities

Zapper 2020 DKC Stage Name Editor Universal PVR Extractor & Patcher Room Transfer

Newest Reviews

Shadowrun 2058 Metal Slug 2 CD Turbo - Slowdown Reduction Patch Double Dragon II Controller Fix Shining Force 2 War of the Gods

Newest Homebrew

Nova the Squirrel Death Planet Bad Apple!! PV-FC 2.5 Simplistic

Featured Hack Images

Super Mario Bros SUICIDEXTREME3 Super Mario World - Master Quest 4 Redrawn Super Mario Bros. 5 - Reborn Super Mario 64 StarRevenge

Featured Translation Images

Sanrio World Smash Ball! Twinkle Tale FEDA: The Emblem of Justice Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town

Recent Updates

  • Games
    Swapped the primary and alternative names. The original Japanese title should be used first with the translated title used as an alternate. The original name of the rom has been made the primary name. Kinda odd that the Japanese title makes more sense than the supposed translated title, but I didn't make the names I just swapped them lol.
  • Games
    Just another name swap. The Japanese name is "Lipple Island" and I figure it should be the primary name and the translated name "Ripple Island" should be the alternative. :)
  • Games
    The given name for this game was a translated name. The original name attached to the rom file and found elsewhere as the name for this game was not included except in the translation notes of which rom to use. I have made the rom name the primary name and the translated one the "alternative" name. I do believe that should be how it is. :)
  • Hacks
    Expanded readme documentation.

Shantae GBC Text Extractor and Injector

Script Extraction / Insertion

Description:

Text Injecting and Extracting Software for Shantae on GBC.

Written in C#.

Source code at: https://github.com/Lorenzooone/ShantaeText

Works with the USA version of the game.

The Extractor outputs a file named textBank.txt in the same folder of the .exe, which can be easily edited.

The Injector inserts in the ROM the edited textBank.txt file.

The injection is optimized.

It doesn’t extract all the text, but most of it.

Missing text can be found around these locations: 0×10100, 0×285AB, 0×48AD0, 0×49370, 0×7C800, 0×23BFCE, 0×23C293.

Symbols can be paired up to a numeric value using the Localization table for the Injection phase. An example localization table is provided as Local.txt. It can be loaded up using Load Localization in the File dropdown menu.

In order to convert letters properly, you must put the character, a space and the tile number you want it to be converted to. “è 61″ in Local.txt (if loaded) will convert all instances of “è” in the textBank to tile number “61″ when converting.

The textBank and the Localization table MUST have the same encoding, or thing will get weird.

If you need help, feel free to contact me at: https://twitter.com/Lorenzooone

If prompted the error “Error. Bank -x is too big” while injecting, it means your text is too big! Due to how the GB/GBC handles this with banks, we can’t put the text in another place. “-x” tells you the bank of text that’s too big. Entries from 0 to 3FFF are bank 1, entries from 4000 to 7FFF are bank 2 and entries from 8000 to BFFF are bank 3. Trimmer your text accordingly!

To edit graphics, look at https://github.com/Lorenzooone/WayForwardComp

Links:

User Review Information
No User Reviews!