Complete Item Editor
|Platform||Game Boy Advance|
|Game||Pokémon: FireRed Version|
|Release Date||02 September 2014|
|Last Modified||23 May 2015|
Complete Item Editor is a tool for hacking Pokemon third generation ROMs. Its sole purpose is to edit anything and everything about the items in the game.
- Edits all types of items
- You can change the items; Name, Price, Description, Pocket, and the order Pokeballs are stored in the Ball Pocket.
- Item IDs automatically generated sequentially.
- Automatically repoints descriptions that are too large.
- Displays description as it would appear in game (assuming it fits on screen)
- You can change the items; Type, Usage Location, Field Effect, Battle Script, Value of effect, Hold effect, and the Attack held by a TM/TM.
- If you are creating a new item, you can add a script for it to run when used from the bag.
- You can turn any item into an Evolutionary Stone with one click (also make it unable to be an evolutionary stone)
- You can change the location of the image if you have inserted a new one already.
- You can manually edit the palette or repoint it if you have inserted a new one already.
- Has lots of error checking to prevent you from making stupid mistakes.
- Single clicking an item will keep you on the same page.
- Double clicking an item will move you to the General page.
- All fields have information displayed at the bottom. (so you know what its for)
- All offsets can be eight characters or less. (you don’t have to put the 08 up front)
Supports BPRE, BPGE, AXVE, AXPE, BPEE and most hacks based on any of them it tables have not been repointed. Image options are unavailable for AXVE and AXPE because they don’t have item images.
UPDATE: Version 2.0:
- You can select which battle effect you want from a list instead of using offsets.
- You can also select the field effect from a list.
- Custom offsets are still an option(don’t worry).
- Added a “More Usage” button under the Usage section.
- You can now heal status effects, PP, HP, increase/decrease happiness, increase stats in battle, increase EVs, incease levels, and so much more…
- Much Error correction to protect your ROM from silly mistakes.
- Display Item images.
- Allow users to edit and save new images for their custom items.
Useful for making new stones.Reviewed By: Chronosplit on 02 Jun 2016
As far as item editors go this one is still a little buggy otherwise. I found this much more useful when making new evo stone items from “blanks” by setting up everything else in the process with another item editor, then using CIE to insert the required ASM for making a new stone. If you’re not careful, this one has the potential to screw up certain graphics or palettes (Emerald’s cancel arrow icon in the bag menu for example).
For what it’s unique at doing though, CIE does pretty well. Just make sure you find where it adds in the code in free space somehow for reference, as the editor doesn’t really tell you where things happen.
Version 2.5 Recommended - Yes
|Useful for making new stones.||Chronosplit||02 Jun 2016||2.5||Yes|