The Legend of Zelda: Goddess of Wisdom
Hack of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda: Goddess of Wisdom
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Hack Release Date||16 May 2017|
|Last Modified||18 April 2019|
The Legend of Zelda: Goddess of Wisdom follows the original design of ‘Zelda3 Goddess of Wisdom’ but is edited to create a more comprehensive experience for novice and/or expert players that feels akin to something Nintendo would release.
This hack built upon the framework created in ‘Zelda3 Goddess of Wisdom’ with all due respect to the original author(s), and is made to correct some of the issues observed in the final ‘Zelda3 Goddess of Wisdom’ release.
REMINDER - PLEASE USE THE EUROPEAN ROM - USE THE CRC32 CHECKSUM PLEASE REDOWNLOAD IF USING ANY VERSION PRIOR TO 1.12
FINAL RELEASE - 1.21 unless any other bugs are found.
- Note: A glitch is referenced in a review of this hack- but cannot be recreated by the creator. Please contact jammer506 if there are any issues with this section of the game.
Main changes include:
- Proper title screen
- Introduced a story-line
- Complete text overhaul - Introduction, dialogue, NPC, etc…
- Optional Hero’s Clothes in Uncle’s House (Offers protection of Red Mail - Only takes 1/4 of original damage)
- Edited sprites for several enemies
- New sprites for Ganon
- Simplified dungeon mechanics (Enemy placement, maneuvering, etc… without detracting from original design)
- Various bug fixes as submitted by RHDN Community
- New text edits
- Additional changes to dungeon rooms for traditional players
- Title screen restored
- Armos Boss HP Restored (Outline provided by superskuj)
- Title screen revised further
- Other adjustments to graphics and item placement
- Game-breaking bug involving Magic Flute repaired
- Minor revisions to enhance gameplay
- Text error in intro removed
- Consumable item placement improved
- Color palette of dungeons reworked
- Consumable item placement further improved
- Revision back to previous titlescreen and color palette from Puzzledude’s upload.
Various bugs and glitches (graphical/text) may remain from the original hack, or have been created through this new hack. Please report them to jammer506 using the email included in the readme, and they will attempt to repair them.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Legend of Zelda, The - A link to the Past [Europe]
- CRC32: 04D55E12
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|PuzzleDude||Original Hacking||Supervisor, lead hacker, main dungeon designer, overworld adoptation, beta testing, debugging|
|SePH||Original Hacking||Main overworld designer|
|Dude Man||Original Hacking||Dungeon design (prototypes)|
|Omega||Original Hacking||Overworld design (prototypes)|
User Review Information
Well worth another playReviewed By: puzzledude on 20 May 2017
This addendum hack makes some nice twists of the original hack and most of them are done right: a fine feature is the new intro story and all the updated and added monologues and dialogues. The final story at Triforce was also one of the main faults of the original, and thus was changed accordingly although a simple variant of the ALTTP ending story.
The level-3 armor at the house was maybe given too early, since it would be better to simply give level-2 armor third of the way and level-3 armor before dungeon-5 for instance.
The title screen is now better, but far from “proper”, since it is not clear why the sword was changed into the ice looking sword, while the upper part of the title seems misplaced to the right and forcefully squeezed in (result of gfx space limit).
It is also quite obvious which rooms were considered as a main subject to change for the remodelist, since all the known boring and highly unfair rooms were changed completely, including: statue pushing rooms (specially in the ice temple), some unfairly hidden objects (masked objects which look different from what they really are - although some masked ones remain), throwing a frozen enemy to hit the peg switch (ether + ice rod puzzle), etc.
The game also got some gfx changes on sprites, which is an interesting small tweak.
All in all these changes are worth it to give this hack another spin, specially for those who consider the original to be too difficult, or for those who play it on systems without the save state function.
Version 1.0 Recommended - Yes
|Was a challenge but was it worth it?||Revarent||12 Nov 2018||1.21||Yes|
|Don't Play This Unril It Gets Fixed||Darklink7884||17 Oct 2018||1.21||No|
|Well worth another play||puzzledude||20 May 2017||1.0||Yes|