Hack of Mega Man X3
Hack of Mega Man X3
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Hack Release Date||31 January 2012|
|Last Modified||27 December 2016|
Note: This requires a unheadered Mega Man X 3 (U) ROM!
A modification of Mega Man X3 that modifies and edits many aspects of the game to allow Zero to be fully playable.
A few features taken from the read me:
- Play as Zero anytime except areas where he’s unavailable such as the introduction stage.
- Zero is able to use sub-weapons, however, CANNOT use the Hyper Chip.
- Zero is able to air dash.
- Z-Saber damage varies depending on boss strength. (Based on speed/power combined)
- Zero is able to gather Heart Tanks, Energy Tanks and Ride Armor chips. He’s able to fill sub-weapons and Energy Tanks while also able to use them.
- Zero can use Ride Armors.
- Updated dialogue to reflect both characters being playable.
- Zero can obtain capsules and use their abilities to an extent.
- Zero has new animations for charged Triad Thunder, Ray Shot & Gravity Well.
- X and Zero are swapped during events. If you’re Zero, X will appear, vice versa.
- X and Zero have completely separate dialogue.
- The game remembers who you played as last after you’ve beaten a level or died.
- Mega Man X2 Feature in which you can shoot both buster shots at once and both will deal damage instead of the large wait time.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Country USA
- File MD5 CFE8C11F0DCE19E4FA5F3FD75775E47C
- File SHA-1 B226F7EC59283B05C1E276E2F433893F45027CAC
- File CRC32 FA0FE671
- ROM MD5 CFE8C11F0DCE19E4FA5F3FD75775E47C
- ROM SHA-1 B226F7EC59283B05C1E276E2F433893F45027CAC
- ROM CRC32 FA0FE671
- Mega Man X 3 (U).smc
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
A must play for any X fanReviewed By: darkzero7222 on 06 Jan 2018
This is what we always wanted, fully playable Zero in X3. This hack cannot be more recommended. Join this mod with the “Zero Saber” hack from Docrow and its near flawless.
That being said there are some changes I would hope to see in the future. The first one being the most obvious would be the upwards dash for Zero. I’m sure that’s not as easy as it sounds since it would take some sprite work to do so. To go along with Docrow’s work, it would be nice to see Zero’s saber and buster mapped to two different buttons, Y for saber and X for buster, similar to what you see in the PS1 titles. To keep the game challenging I would remove the single, rapid shot and just keep the charging buster. Either have it charging or just come out instantly but nerf the damage. It would be also great to see Zero benefiting from all the capsules. Getting the buster upgrade could play into what i mentioned before about having two separate buttons and just upgrading his buster shot, or you could upgrade his saber by either changing the color to purple and increasing the damage or adding a two/ three hit combo.
As it stands this hack, coupled with Docrow’s, transforms this game into what it should have been, and finally puts in the proper pedestal that X1, X2 and X4 so rightfully enjoy. Add the features that I mentioned above and maybe others and we would have a true masterpiece that I would gladly have in a cartridge on my shelf. Fantastic work!
Version 3.1 Recommended - Yes
|A must play for any X fan||darkzero7222||06 Jan 2018||3.1||Yes|
|Gold standard for ROM hacks||thecowwarrior||13 May 2017||3.1||Yes|
|Lots of Fun!||Fakade||30 Jun 2016||3.0||Yes|
|Well done!||thepatrickinator||17 Feb 2016||3.0||Yes|
|Great, but has it's flaws||Animebryan||21 Mar 2012||N/A||Yes|
|Gives Zero the exposure he deserves... but||WeretigerRei||07 Mar 2012||N/A||Yes|